TST BBQ, new in middletown NJ (Leonardo section)

I’m fairly certain that location is closed as of a couple months ago.

All of the links Duck Duck Go finds for it are broken.

2 Likes

I believe you are correct. I did do a quick google search before posting because I wasn’t 100% sure it was the same place. Google didn’t list is at permanently closed, however after a second more thorough search does seem to indicate they are closed. My apologies for the bad info.

2 Likes

I make a career out of bad information! I was rooting for him in that spot and visited a couple three times since he was open there. Just a (another) tough location in my opinion as from what I understood the hotel wanted him to do breakfast, and he changed some of the menu to offer more than barbecue at some point. My supposition is more pressure from the hotel/guests who didn’t want only bbq. Nice guy, and I wish him well. Hopefully he pops up somewhere else as I will go to my grave saying his brisket, when right out of the smoker, was the best around.

1 Like

I did a 2 year GM tour at the Holiday Inn before TST, before Vibe, when it was Tapeo. Did some Expo shifts there, then left a sales job in Union to work closer to home and never looked back.
When I was there we had the restaurant and private room in back, plus the banquet room. And the hotel makes you do breakfast 7 days. We did room service too.
So you are looking at staffing breakfast 7 days a week plus dinner 7 days. Lunch is a loser. Plus having to staff banquets. We had Latin night on Friday and whatever entertainment we could get for Saturday. Tough gig.
Hotel management was less than helpful and even recommended other off-premise reataurants before us.
Great learning experience though. Bad reviews about my service probably still kicking around.

4 Likes