DH and I will be visiting the Bay Area this summer, and we’re already starting to think about where to eat. We’ll stay near the SF Baking Institute in South SF (because I’m taking a class there) but are willing to drive a bit for good food! We’ll also drive down to Carmel / Monterey / Big Sur for a couple of days.
We’re hoping to check out
- Arsicault or Parker-Lusseau in Monterey for croissants
- Dragon Beaux for dim sum
- Royal Feast or Wonderful (which one?)
- On our last two visits, we really enjoyed DOSA, so we’ll probably go again.
- Is Rasa in Burlingame worth a trip?
- We’ll probably be around the South Bay for one meal and were thinking of having South Indian food. We love dosas and kotthu paratta and don’t have them much in Boston, so Madras Cafe and Anjappar look appealing. Thoughts on these two places?
Other than that, any suggestions on where to get a good Taiwanese or Sichuan beef noodle soup, with either hand-pulled or knife cut noodles? Several years ago, we enjoyed the rendition at Joy in Foster City, but recent Yelp reviews are dismal.
We also really enjoy middle Eastern food, so if there are any places worth a drive, suggestions are welcome!