Trama’s at One Willow [NJ]

It’s official. Pat Trama and team will be taking over the space that used to be Bay Pointe Inn. They hope to open around May 15th. We wish them luck and can’t wait to try this exciting new restaurant!

3 Likes

Thanks for the good news. I hope this place does well. I live close in Middletown so I’m hoping they can get it right

1 Like

What does this mean for the West End location?

Pat is going to stay at Trama’s Trattoria. He’s hired (not finalized yet) a solid chef to run the kitchen with his vision. Food will be Tramas quality.

1 Like

You just made my day! Dock and dine and Trama quality food!

1 Like

I’ll probably get downvoted but while he is extremely talented I was hoping for something other than Italian for this space…just sayin

1 Like

The only thing that place needs is a bartender.

1 Like

+1

I was hoping for something different myself.

I am not sure. I presume it will be, but please tell me I’m wrong.

From what I understand it will be more seafood based…not Italian based…but until the actual menu comes out…we’ll have to wait and see…Just knowing the restaurant will be run by Pat Trama and team, gives me great hope it’ll be fabulous!

2 Likes

I’ll definitely give the place a shot, I will also be the first to admit my only experience with Trama were both at the Driftwood, once while he was there and once shortly after his departure. Neither experience wow’d me, however I will certainly acknowledge that “business arrangement” might have left him leaving his “A-game” home.

Pat Trama has delegated very talented people in the kitchen and one being the Chef’s son Dylan Trama. Pat will be going back and forth between the two restaurants overseeing that everything is exactly to his liking. Me being his wife will be at the new location also overseeing. Trama’s Trattoria we have incredible staff who are now like family and the place runs smoothly in their hands.

5 Likes

Have you been to Trama’s Trattoria? You should give it a try.

1 Like

It is not going to be Italian.

First and foremost, Welcome to Hungry Onion! It’s always refreshing when owners and or family join our conversations, I hope to see more posts by you.

As I had said, no I had not been to the Trattoria, my only experiences were the Driftwood which was an unfortunate experience for all parties. (not trying to besmirch Pat) Interestingly though since you posted I decided to check out the website and I never realized you had a liquor license. My original response was going to be; “no I’ve never been as I don’t find BYO’s to be much of a draw for me” and if I had posted that I now see I would have been completely wrong!! Wow!! (I could have sworn when he left the Driftwood the next location was a BYO)

Now knowing I am mistaken I can tell you I will be sure to put this on the radar for a night out soon!! Welcome again!

3 Likes

Excellent that is great to hear. I am there quite often since I keep my boat in the marina. Will you also be running the outdoor bar?

2 Likes

Come introduce yourself. Yes we are running the outside bar and I have already booked fantastic live music for every Thursday, Friday, and Sundays. We will definitely be catering to the members of the marina.

5 Likes

Yes defiantly come see us in Long Branch. We have happy hour every Tuesday-Fridays 5-7 and come summer happy hour at Trama’s Trattoria will be Tuesday-Thursdays. When Trama’s at One Willow opens in Highlands we also will be offering Happy Hour. If I am there when you come and dine please introduce yourself.

3 Likes

Trama’s Trattoria is our current favorite restaurant in the area. Consistent solid, friendly service and mouthwatering food. Definitely get there. But go on a weeknight or go early.

2 Likes

Yay! Will you offer dock and dine?