Trader Joe's YEA/NAY/MEH, 2023 Edition

YEA: Chocolatey Coated Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Bites. Exactly what you would expect them to be from the name. They’re individually wrapped, which is bad for the planet but good for those of us who sometimes need a snack on the go.

Haven’t tried yet: Grilled Halkidiki Olives. Pitted and packed in oil, looks like. Saw them for the first time the other day and was intrigued enough to get a jar. Curious to hear if anyone else has had these.

Not that particular brand, but grilled olives take the fruit to a whole new level. I’m not big on olives, but really love the flavor. Good for martinis, too.

1 Like

I tried these olives (love olives) and they’re nice and meaty. Maybe not a repeat for me. I usually buy olives that are not swimming in olive oil, use them for Greek salads.

2 Likes

OK - I think I goofed. It’s the Japanese fried rice we like.

I really like the Chocolatey Coated Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Bites! They are tiny but perfect for a small afternoon snack at work.

I didn’t love the Chili Onion Crunch Hummus…not sure what I was expecting but it didn’t do it for me.

3 Likes

I loved that hummus.

Have you tried the Mee Krob snack? Big YAY from me. I have to hide the bag from myself!

1 Like

LOL I am currently eating it for lunch. It’s tasty. I like their bulgogi fried rice too. I only don’t like their straight up vegetarian and chicken ones.

1 Like

I like the grilled olives, really nice flavor. Just got 2 more jars….

2 Likes

YES! Very addicting, that Mee Krob!

1 Like

Love the Mee Krob snack! Addictive indeed.

Welcome!

I have pills I need to take with food first thing every morning, and the crispy rice bites are perfect for that. I also like that they’re individually packaged, because a) I can take one or two with me for an on-the-go snack, and b) I’m less likely to just keep eating them until they’re gone. :grinning:

1 Like

Had one in my Martini last night, and it was really good. Definitely buying these again (if they’re there–always a big if at TJ’s…).

2 Likes

That’s my favorite of their fried rice options, too. So versatile and delicious.

Yea — 72% bittersweet chocolate chips. I usually chop chocolate bars for chunks to include in baked goods, but sometimes I appreciate the convenience of chips and in local stores, the highest cocoa percentage I can get is Guittard 63%.

Qualified yea (because I haven’t used it yet) — halloumi. Apparently, it’s a seasonal offering, but I’ve never noticed it before, and at $5.99, it’s better priced than at my local market.

4 Likes

So right about “the big if” at TJs! That’s why I got two jars of the grilled olives….

1 Like

I probably read about it here so apologies if it’s redundant……

YAY!!! Golden Caramel Swirl Ice Cream is really good and I say that as someone who is usually a chocolate only fan. My all-time favored is Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food, which is chocolate/marshmallow cream/dark chocolate chip.

2 Likes

TJ’s now sells the 3-lb. boxes of Diamond Crystal kosher salt; it was on the new-products shelf at my Bay Area store. The $8.99 they’re asking isn’t too different from elsewhere, I don’t think, but I know there are places where people have a harder time finding the brand.

4 Likes

We had it too (Portland Maine). It’s about the same price but saves me having to go to a store I wouldn’t otherwise go to (Shaw’s). I thought it was interesting that this is the one time they have to tell us who their supplier is, because it actually matters!

2 Likes

Nothing on that list appeals to me.

2 Likes