Trader Joe's Yea/Nay/Meh 2017

Picked some up based on your rec. very nice aroma but not as strong as I was expecting. For $2 a good buy.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning TJā€™s nectarines! The nearby location in Acton, MA didnā€™t have the boxes, though they did have pre-packed plastic bags marked ā€œTreehouse Kids Nectarines.ā€ Pleasantly ripe.

A yay that will tide us over until the local nectarines are ready at last.

Big yeah cheese bites, by the crackers rather than the cheese curls. Tastes just like frico, and in my book, nothing tastes better than frico :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the cheese bites - perfect with a glass of wine.

I like that itā€™s onion-y but without the harshness of other onion salts (which i generally dislike)

Miyokos cultured vegan butter is a delicious YAY!
Made with cashews and coconut milk, nothing funky in the ingredients. Very tasty to use as a condiment, and several dollars less at TJs than buying from other sources.
Great option for anyone who needs to avoid dairy

2 Likes

absolutely delighted to find cocoa nibs. not the chocolate covered ones, which i loved mixed into yogurt, but the plain, unsweetened, roasted nibs i mix into overnight oatmeal, among other things, not to mention chocolate bourbon. particularly excited to see the price: $1.99/4 ounces.

1 Like

I love the stuff, but one cautionā€” after a few weeks, if it can last that long in your household, mold develops. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a feature of the cultures, but thatā€™s when we toss it.

Hmmm. Mine has never lasted more than about two weeks! Have you frozen it before? If i get more than one package at a time maybe i should freeze the second oneā€¦? Gotta say melted butter makes about everything more deliciousā€¦!

Finally found the cheese bites. Jeebus they are expensive. They stayed at the store.

?!! How have i missed these?? I love cocoa nibs! And that price is fantastic, theyā€™re usually just a rare treat

1 Like

donā€™t recall seeing them the last time i was at tjā€™s (about a month ago, give or take), so i suspect theyā€™re a new item.

yes they are, but i needed a little treat yesterday. ate the whole bag waiting for the bus.

They are on the new items endcap.

When you consider that they are cheese with the water baked away, the price is unsurprising.

Has anyone tried this 100% dark?

Chocolate covered Sea Salt Butterscotch caramels. SO GOOD.

They are dark chocolate gumball sized balls. Weā€™re having a wine and cheese night this weekend with some friends and I ended up buying a couple more bags to put out to go with the wines.

https://www.traderjoes.com/images/fearless-flyer/uploads/article-1678/94751-butterscotch-caramels.png

2 Likes

at the recommendation of whatā€™s good at trader joeā€™s, i pick up the chocolate filled crepes.

the crepes are a bit thick, and the chocolate filling, while dark, is a tad sweet for my taste. however, i took their advice and heated mine up in a bit of coconut oil (they used butter) on top of the stove. @ 110 calories per crepe, a very nice little treat. worth keeping a box in the freezer.

all in all a YAY.

2 Likes

MEH - the TJs salt and pepper potato chips. They were fine up until I got to the last quarter of the bag. The chips at the bottom were super oily, and there was a lot of oil at the bottom of the bag. You could see the oil just sitting there. I ended up throwing away the remaining chips because I just couldnā€™t do all the oil. They need a better draining method.

@boogiebaby, I snagged a bag of the chocolate covered sea salt butterscotch caramels based on your tip. A nicely balanced treat. Sometimes we just want a small taste of a sweet, and these are perfect for that purpose.

1 Like