[Toronto] [Ontario] Welcome to any new Canadian posters

I am hoping some new Canadian posters will be joining us here.

If you’re new to HO, please introduce yourself.

I’m Phoenikia, formerly known as Prima on Chowhound.

8 Likes

Jammy here. I forgot that I signed up on this site a very long time ago, scatterbrain that I am.

Anyway, HELLO!

6 Likes

Welcome, @jammy!

2 Likes

Hello! Still pavlova on this site.

7 Likes

Hi, Phoenikia. I was a long time lurker on CH wHen you were Prima and always enjoyed your posts. Financiere here living in Alberta but I try to get to points west (Vancouver especially) and east when I can, and hopefully soon. But right now, anything to have a thriving Canadian site, I’m all in.

5 Likes

:wave: Hi Phoenikia! Another longtime Chowhound Toronto person hopping over.

7 Likes

Nice to meet you, @Financiere!

Thanks for your note. HungryOnion has a few threads on Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Banff.
I usually visit Alberta every year, and I was trying to help @Harters plan his Banff visit before the pesky Pandemic interrupted travel!

1 Like

Welcome, @gnuf!
Everyone, I met @gnuf at 93 Harbord in 2006, at my first Chowhound meetup :slight_smile: He is an exceptionally talented baker.

3 Likes

Welcome, @pavlova

1 Like

Migrated today from CH with my Shakespearean alias intact.

9 Likes

:hugs: bienvenue @caviartothegeneral

1 Like

So good to see all the Canadian Hounds on Hungry Onion.

We used to have a thriving China/Southeast Asia board on Chowhound, too, but the restructure of CH had sadly decimated our community. I was the only survivor from that board - a Hound of 15 years - now posting actively on HO’s Asia-Pacific board.

Do drop by and say “Hi” when you come by our way. Always good to meet a fellow Hound.

8 Likes

@klyeoh , hopefully you , @THECHARLES and some other members can help build the SE Asia, Hong Kong and China threads on HO.

I send a Malaysian friend who lives in Toronto some of your HO posts, to keep him and his wife in the loop for their next visit.

4 Likes

I hope so, too. Once the borders re-open - and I hope it’ll be soon - I have to go back to Singapore, and also visit Hong Kong again. It’s been too long since I’d caught up with Chowhounds - the last time we got together was when Alpha Hound, Jim Leff, paid us a visit in Singapore in 2017.

The last Chowdown in Hong Kong which I attended was organized by @THECHARLES - more a decade ago already. At the time, we had a thriving Chowhound community there - every single food personality in HK was a member. I missed some great Chowdowns which Charles organized earlier as I travelled extensively for my work at the time. For this meet, I remembered that I flew from San Francisco back to Singapore after a two-week assignment, changed my luggage contents and flew to HK the next day just to be there in time!

5 Likes

Highlyunlikely checking in! So sad to see that Chowhound is shutting down. I’ve been a member since “The Beginning”, though not always an avid poster. You will always be Prima to me! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice to see you here, @Highlyunlikely . I absolutely remember your posts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice photos!

1 Like

This was my 70th birthday present to myself. Ruined by Covid. And the moment has now probably passed (although I still have the recommendations for Banff & Vancouver - just in case).

A warm welcome to the new joiners. Hope you have fun here.

John

2 Likes

I hope it works out at some point. I’m hoping to visit Banff and Calgary this fall. Here are 2 photos from my last visit to Banff and Kananaskis, in Nov 2019.

These are some photos from Jasper in Feb 2020, the last time I was outside Ontario.

7 Likes

First photo is sooo moody

4 Likes