Toronto Burger and Fries Price Metric Thread, June 2023 and onwards

I was just at the East York location last night! I had the classic smash double ($12.99 + $5.49). Patty weight not specified but feels like more than a quarter pounder each. The way they assemble it is more like a traditional burger, but with a smash burger patty so it’ll probably survive the trip home. The extra toppings are really expensive so order the burger that has the toppings you want. They’re also doing the charcoal bun for Halloween. Definitely good rings. I do prefer Burger Drop’s juicier patties.

slayer

2 Likes

Sure was a chonky burger, single patty is enough for me these days. Next I’ll try Rudy on Eglinton and see if I’ll add it to my burger rotation since Burgers Priest has gone way down in quality.

1 Like

I liked Rudy a little more than Happy Burger. I still like Harry’s Charbroiled (realize it’s outside your neighborhood @PedroPero ) ,which is saltier than Rudy. So Rudy would be a burger I buy more frequently.

Haven’t tried Burger Drops yet.

I also want to try the burger served at Union on Ossington at brunch. (Different style and price point, of course)

Anyone willing to tabulate prices of https://torontolife.com/food/torontos-top-10-burgers-chef-joe-friday/ ? :yum:

1 Like

$200 give or take a few?

Maybe the best bang for the buck at Emmer Bakery? Delicious. Soft potato bun.

$14.50 before tax. 11:45 am until 4 pm, Thu to Sun

2 Likes

Takeout Jr. Cheeseburger with added bacon at Holy Chuck. $17.50 including tax. Nicely seasoned, soft bun, very tasty.

4 Likes

Home cheeseburger and rings from Burger Shack, place was rammed and people still don’t know how to order ffs.
$17.50 inc tax/tip

4 Likes

Five Guys is now charging $9.19 CAD before tax for a little cheeseburger.

Price creep continues! At the 5 Guys store we went to for Years – pre COVID-- the “little burger” was my standard order. Couldn’t say how long ago we began there 10+ years at least but I remember $3.29US & getting annoyed when it went to over $4.

We started eating there because of price creep plus convenience. We had to walk right by it on the way to a movie & then go to our fav pub after the show-- Rosie’s. Rosie’s prices inched up to the point where instead it went from not even considering alternatives to always.

Anyway, that 5 Guys store became a COVID casualty.

1 Like

Matty’s Patties Burger Club cheeseburger, $10 before tax. Very good.

3 Likes

Happy Burger Patty Melt with Swiss and Onions.

At Happy Burger , a single burger is still $8.45 before tax. The patty melt is $10.95 before tax.

3 Likes

You’re my hero.

Who else orders a Cheeseburger and tells them to hold the cheese.

You’ve inspired me. I am going to go to Costco and order me one of their new Chocolate Chip Cookies and ask them to hold the chocolate chips.

2 Likes

A Not-Happy Not-Melt!

1 Like

Happy Burger only offers cheeseburgers. Nice that for once, the cheeseburger doesn’t cost more than the cheeselessburger. It’s like they took a page from Henry Ford.

1 Like

That sounds amazing. I wonder how they’ll screw it up.

1 Like

Hahahaha

I will let you know if I ever try it.

I’m waiting for the moment where burgers and fries at a nice pub creep over $30. I suspect they’ll do it by offering $24 burgers with the option of $17 fries.

The sides in the Financial District’s nicer restaurants are currently running $17-$19.

I’m off to order my $5.60 Grande Cappuccino for the road.

1 Like

Friday Burger from Friday Burger Company for $14. Very middle of the road burger for a high price. No weight specified but it’s less than a quarter pounder. The patty is about the same size as a McDonald’s cheeseburger.

2 Likes

My wife just had this a few days ago. She liked it, but I didn’t get any details.

1 Like