Toronto Burger and Fries Price Metric Thread, June 2023 and onwards

A thread following the price of a burger and fries in the Greater Toronto Area.

These photos were taken the last week of June 2023.
Rudy

The Dog and Tiger Pub on College. $19 burger, $5.50 more to include fries or salad.

The Duke of York on Prince Arthur $19.99 for a cheeseburger and fries.

The Oxley on Yorkville Ave. $28

1 Like

Rudy is named after Rudolph Valentino or Rudy Vallee or (though unlikely) Rudy the Norte Dame walk on?
That’s the sum of my Rudy knowledge.
:slight_smile:

I don’t know! It’s a small fast food chain in Toronto.

1 Like

Some of these prices are just wow. Do they know Aloette Go burger (quarter pounder) is only $9.50? Add their $6 fries and that’s only $15.50. Their Aloette burger is $12.50. Yes, still expensive but it’s also a “higher end” burger and cheaper than some of these photos.

3 Likes

Burger, fries/onion rings/ a drink + tip is $20 pretty much everywhere non large chain restaurant

4 Likes

They have to cover that seat. I get it. I don’t think most full service places that pay their staff above the table can break even if they aren’t making $25 off each person/ per visit.

If there are meals or specials going for less, those meals might be a loss leader.

Heck, a nice sandwich with a non-alcoholic drink, without chips or fries, usually costs $20 plus tax and tip at most of the fancy take-out sandwich places like Lambo’s. Same with a nice breakfast sandwich and a coffee, $20 before tax.

2 Likes

I almost tried the Rudy in my neighborhood, but it was full of unruly, greasy teenagers from the local high school so I made a hasty retreat to fight another day :smiley:

1 Like

Ewww. Greasy teenagers. Hold the fries!

2 Likes

The Burgers Priest in the Annex gets a lot of greasy teenagers and undergrads, too.

Timing is everything.

1 Like

The Priest is off my list of go to burger joints in the nabe after the last 2 sub par burgers, the pickings are getting slim round these parts…

1 Like

I have never had a bad burger at Burger’s Priest. I probably haven’t ordered one in 3 years. I had been ordering them fairly frequently 2015-2018, since the Annex location is a 10 minute walk for me.

I’ve heard it’s gone downhill in the last few years, after it was sold.

I am happy with Harry’s Charbroiled.

Almost tried Cabano’s today but they were closed. So I had a $18.90 salad. LOL.

They’ve really gone down hill, it’s too bad because they were once one of the best in the city.

1 Like

Hangry Burger is good.

1 Like

Ok so it’s one of those things where you want to tell people but you know the risk of it being made public. However, we’ve been going to Mezz in Parkdale since we stayed in that neighbourhood. Single smash burger $8, double $12 and extras like cheese etc, fries adds very little to the bill. It’s not fancy but the service is friendly and it’s very relaxing. Every Friday. Who else goes? ( We love a hole in the wall.)

3 Likes

While I’m sure it’s delicious, A double with 3 toppings is still $18 + a side and tax/tip Pretty standard across the GTA

1 Like

Yesterday, I had a Harvey’s Burger…first one in a long long time!
For $11, I had their Double Angus Burger with cheese and extra bacon in a large size, fluffy, light brioche style bun. Flavorful, beefy and nicely charred meat patties. A very surprising and enjoyable experience. Maybe I should visit them more rather than making special trips to those so called ’ artisan ’ special places, pay a premium and getting average, passable products?!

2 Likes

Matty’s Patty’s has not increased prices.

When it started off just as as stand in 2020 near Trinity Bellwoods Park a combo was 20 CAD, fast forward to now, some 3 years later, a combo is still 20 CAD.

This is not to say that Matty’s is cheap; it never was. Just that it was expensive before, and equally expensive now.

1 Like

Oh god, I thought I was the only one. Harvey’s is my guilty secret.

2 Likes

My new love is Curbside Dogs on Pharmacy just north of St Clair. Single housemade smash burger $7.95, double $9.95. Add cheese for a buck. Their fresh cut in house french fries for $4.95 are so good I eat them like its an order. My love started when I saw the milkshake maker. Cleverly priced the same as the Dairy Queen next door, but with only two real ingredients. Delicious and thick, but not too thick. Nice people working there too. Full marks.

1 Like

I’m a Harvey’s fan, too. Cheeseburger, double pickles.

1 Like