Toronto Burger and Fries Price Metric Thread, June 2023 and onwards

Haven’t had Harvey’s in ages, but I did recently have A & W it it was pretty good and the one by me even has a small terrazzo out front so I can pretend I’m in Europe :smiley:

2 Likes

Heading to Harry’s Charbroiled this afternoon. $10.29 for their most basic burger without fries.

Cheese and pickles, no onions or ketchup for me

1 Like

“Jane says, have you seen my wig around?”

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of Harvey’s, they always seem to get overlooked amidst the other burger chains. It is a solid burger and it is hard to beat a burger that is topped exactly as you want it. Sidebar question: Is there a equivalent US burger chain?

Thanks for the review. I pass them often, but I have never gone in. I will have to check it out.

They are supposed to be opening a new location at Gerrard (lower) and Coxwell on the North-East corner.

2 Likes

While my spouse will try any burger anywhere, I don’t prioritize them because I like what I can make at home. I do like the chorizo burgers at Harry’s Charbroiled, though haven’t had them since the restaurant location closed. I’ll also have extreme burgers that I would never make at home, like the ridiculous Vatican from Burger’s Priest. I thought Rudy’s was OK, but not something I would prioritize. The Aloette Burger was good, So was the Richmond Station one. But again, I will like order other things off those menus if it wasn’t for my spouse having a craving (we share everything).

2 Likes

Ya just can’t beat homemade…

4 Likes

You can’t beat Your Home-made. Your Home-made looks amazing and I am sure it is.

My home-made burgers aren’t that good. I make pretty good keftedes, biftekia, Swedish meatballs, kofta, Frikadeller and Konigsbergerklopse. I leave burgers to the experts or better home cooks than me.

1 Like

It’s just good ground beef (ideally 80/20 fat) plus your preference of burger seasoning (mine’s salt & pepper). Then you fry it or grill it to your desired temp & add your favorite toppings and bunz.

Not nearly as involved as any of the other things you mentioned :wink:

3 Likes

Ya, just whatever ground beef is on sale at Metro, usually lean GB(cause I ain’t boujee) and S&P whilst I’m cooking it, I add nothing to the meat mixture.

2 Likes

I get my ground beef from Fresh from the Farm on Donlands when I make burgers - you can get grass-fed as an option. I agree that keeping very simple with salt and pepper is my favourite way to go.

1 Like

Would you like help troubleshooting? Could be a fun spin-off thread.

1 Like

I don’t mind a spin-off thread :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to invite the rest of the class.

2 Likes

$6 Home Burger at Square Boy

Photo Credit: Glenn Sumi

https://twitter.com/glennsumi/status/1679681022718345226

1 Like

$19 at the Fed at Dundas W and Gladstone. The Fed’s rösti are shredded hash browns, not Swiss potato pancakes.

$25 for a brunch burger with frites at Adjey’s Bouffe

1 Like

I tried an $8.45 before tax, $9.55 after tax Happy Cheeseburger at Happy Burger on Lipincott east of Bathurst. It’s a smash burger, that comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle and special sauce. Nice bun. I wonder if they intentionally price their burger $0.04 less than Rudy. The patty was thinner, less salty and less greasy than Harry’s Charbroiled. I would order it again, but I might get the double cheeseburger so I would have a higher beef: bun ratio.
The Happy Cheeseburger combo with a drink and fries is around $15.95 before tax. Nice people working at the Lipincott location.

https://happyburger.lightspeedordering.com/

1 Like

The Dog & Tiger brunch burger was $21 today, with an egg on top. It came with mixed greens.
I don’t recommend it. Patty packed too tight, kind of rubbery. Maybe overcooked or cooked at the wrong temperature. There seemed to be a flavour in the patty I didn’t enjoy. I would recommend elsewhere for a brunch burger. The Benny was good. I split the mains with my friend.

Emmer’s burger is $14.50.

1 Like

Union Social Eatery’s mushroom cheeseburger with fries costs $19.98 plus tax. This is a thick, juicy burger. I thought it was better than the burger at the Duke Pubs. Don’t bother with the $5 upgrade for truffle Parm frites.

Regular frites are included in the $19.98. I essentially paid $5 for a little Parm and truffle oil :joy:

Decent for a chain, service was friendly but a little sloppy / green, probably not worth a detour.

2 Likes