Top Chef Season 21

And how about those new rules!

Yikes! But may be for the best. We’ll see. Kristen looks like she’ll make a good Padma.

If you don’t mind my saying so, I think Padma cannot be duplicated, but Kristen will be great in her own way. I hope she can remain Kristen, and not try to be Padma.

1 Like

I actually meant that she will be good in the Padma role, not that she could be Padma. :upside_down_face:

Understood. I am being touchy. It took me awhile to “appreciate” Padma.

I am reminded that like many cheftestants, she was once a model, but I wouldn’t want to see her dressing like Padma. I have never seen her as “a clueless airhead”, but I might be biased.

FWIW, I think Kristen is starting with more chef and judge bonifides.

1 Like

Michigan is an interesting choice. I read that there will be a cranberry challenge since Michigan is biggest producer of cranberries! Also probably lots of cheese…

1 Like
2 Likes

This piece has more in-depth background on the contestants.

1 Like

New preview with even more information about changes to the “game” – including factoring the quickfire into who stays and who goes.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Don’t know how I feel about it yet.

1 Like

Reminds me of the Great British Baking Show format, where the technical challenge and the showstopper challenges come together and they judge them on both for the elimination discussions. I don’t know how I feel about immunity for the next elimination challenge yet.

2 Likes

Desperately clinging to any scrap of intel while watching “Pressure Cooker” on Netflix. :nauseated_face:. Worst of all worlds.

It’s almost time!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Kristen identifies herself as “the host”; I m still trying to figure out what makes her a “host”: I can see her as host and judge.

I figured the hat guy was wearing a hat for a reason.

The only consistency I see is that the host gets to say “pack your knives and go”.

1 Like

I enjoyed the episode. I think Kristen did a good job. I loved BBQ chef who made the best pasta. Good personalities. So far, so good.

1 Like

Me too! It made me wonder what they had to do or achieve to make the cut. She said it had been years, but she must have made pasta, maybe great pasta at some point.

I haven’t watched it yet but I’m wondering if that would be something a chef would practice before filming starts. I’m thinking of the challenges that seem to typically appear like fresh pasta, a dessert, cleaning seafood, cooking outdoors/grilling, etc

At least that’s what I would be doing if I were cast.

1 Like