Top Chef Season 21

It’s official!! IMO great choice!

8 Likes

She was always at the top of my list. Great choice. Knows a lot about food and now has a fair amount of tv experience.

2 Likes

Mine too. And she’s also gorgeous and a former model she can handle the outfits!

1 Like

Yay! Just shared this on the season 20 thread.

Pretty much the same “copy”.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Great choice! A chef and has a very nice tv presence. Calm and knowledgeable.

3 Likes

@winecountrygirl started a season 21 thread!

2 Likes

Really the perfect choice!

1 Like

I’m psyched!

1 Like

Bravo!

2 Likes

Such a great choice!

And very excited about top chef coming to Wisconsin! Anticipating some bratwurst, beer, cheese, and frozen custard challenges. Also a supper club and someone better bring a brandy old fashioned to that one

This will be interesting. Looking forward to her debut. Wonder if they’ll take this chance to mix things up a bit on the show.

1 Like

No pun intended, of course, right? :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sorry. Wisconsin? As a culinary site? Um…

1 Like

From the New York Times: How Does Kristen Kish Feel at the Top of ‘Top Chef’? It’s Complicated. (gifted link)

When Ms. Lakshmi announced that she would not renew her contract as the show’s host and executive producer, Ms. Kish was the clear choice, said Casey Kriley, a chief executive of Magical Elves, the unscripted-production company that created the show. Executives at NBCUniversal, which owns Bravo, the network it airs on, never interviewed anyone else, said Ryan Flynn, a senior vice president.

4 Likes

Maybe this should be on the season 20 link

I don’t watch Top Chef. I find the whole genre tiring. So the first time I encountered Kish was as host to that show about restaurants at the end of the world. I couldn’t watch more than a couple of episodes because I found her so annoying. She sounded like a clueless airhead to me and detracted from the chefs that were being covered. I wasn’t planning on watching Top Chef and here’s an additional reason why not to. YMMV.

1 Like

“As for the other new faces — the contestants — viewers will have to wait for an announcement, which will be sometime in January of 2024”

2 Likes

Here are the chefs!

2 Likes