Top Chef Season 20

Lucky for that immunity!

I don’t particularly care for these challenges where the team has to cook in cramped spaces. I guess it creates the drama and an extra element of challenge, but it all seems so unrealistic. There’s a lot of talent this season, so it’s been tough watching some of the chefs go.

3 Likes

Clearly Gail was moved by Ari’s story. Did you notice her years and the way she grabbed Tom’s hand?

2 Likes
1 Like

There are so many extremely talented folks, I don’t even know how to begin in terms of feeling bad when someone gets sent to Last Chance Kitchen. Pretty much anyone, at this point, who battles back from that, deserves to be there.

1 Like

Watching this season is different for me. I actually don’t like the elimination aspect with these chefs because they all are so talented. I’d still like to see what they cook.

I almost wish that for this season they did some other format - non-elimination, point based, don’t really care specifically … just would like to keep seeing everyone each week.

3 Likes

I agree. I\m trying to remember the show I watched where there were no eliminations although there was a competition. It was really nice to be able to watch everything people were producing.

It was Ali that hurdled the station!
That tea time challenge was traumatic, at least for me.
@LindaWhit ; someone ( Sylwia?) is making lemon posset for a picnic!

2 Likes

That thing from Sylwia did look like a mess. Maybe I am ignorant of Polish cuisine(s) (guilty), but why would one think that would look good in a picnic basket after sitting overnight?
On spoilers: I realized too late that I made one above, but I would like to apologize for it.
I’m just not sure how specific about contestants one can be before one has committed the crime of spoiling. Can you advise?

1 Like

Sorry; I cannot. I sort of use my best judgment in the moment ( and think “whaaat? You haven’t watched it five times yet?”…not ideal) and hope no one will click on the recaps if they don’t want to know what happened.

There is also a spoiler alert function. I will post a link if I find it.

2 Likes

And, unrelated to the above, what did you think of the twist of the not clean-cut elimination?

(post deleted by author)

Thank you but I can do this.

2 Likes

Great! I haven’t tried it yet.

A little irritating, bit it’s something to explore while waiting for the next "episode ".

I don’t believe spoilers exist once the episode airs. At least not in this type of site.

If you click on this thread and read posts but haven’t seen the show yet … then that’s on you. What else would you be expecting to find in here? :crazy_face:

6 Likes

That afternoon tea challenge seemed almost cruel. Begoña thought Tom played it safe, but how else are you going to produce so much in so little time?

2 Likes

This! Top Chef is one of the shows I try to watch on the first airing. Sometimes the reviews and commentaries are better than the actual episode. I don’t wait any longer than I have to.

4 Likes

Exactly. I saw new posts about top chef yesterday and obviously didn’t click on them until I watched the episode last night. I’ve stopped watching after they declare the winner because I feel bad for the loser so I did miss the new twist on the ending but that’s fine. Feels like production and writers are trying to come up with new scenarios to keep us all interested and I’m not sure if we need all the new twists and turns.

3 Likes

I am bummed that Sylwia got bounced to Last Chance Kitchen. Just as I am bummed that Dale has been re-inflicted upon us.

I wanted May to have been the one that returned :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

And, for the record, I probably would have made a classic Boston roast beef sandwich for the Last Chance Kitchen challenge. Deny the awesomeness of roast beef, cheddar, onions, BBQ sauce, and mayo on (preferably a toasted onion roll) sliced bread at your peril. Since they seemed to be insisting on an animal protein.

1 Like

That being said, a classic sausage sub with peppers, mushrooms, and onions on a toasted roll is always welcome in outdoor settings. No idea if those ingredients were available among the Fortnum and Mason branded items in the sponsored BMWs.

1 Like