Top Chef Season 20

Interesting. It’s only husband and me in our interest group, and I didn’t think it was a female thing. We both appreciated the way he hurdled that prep station.

Pretty sure that was him. And his competition stats put him pretty high on most leader boards.

From Wikipedia.
Hmm…looks like Gabri had more hi’s than I realized.

An interesting “cheftestant” from an interesting place, with a nice exiting comment.

1 Like

Yep, it’s him. We have a contingent at work who like this show, and then other fellow foodie fans from other work places or similar circle of friends. Am I cheating on our Hungry Onion Top Chef group? :laughing:

They also like to talk Chopped, but I like Top Chef better.

1 Like

How about “Beat Bobby Flay”? I like that one too, and it airs at the same time as Top Chef. Nice to have that to watch after I have watched Top Chef 10 times.

It’s ok - depends on the guest chef and what they’re trying to cook. I’m not a big fan of Bobby Flay himself, though I admit he’s mellowed out as he’s gotten older.

I was watching Gordon Ramsay’s show on National Geographic (forgot the name) and was pleasantly surprised. I dislike his Kitchen Nightmare show, but they don’t play up that abrasive side on the travel show. And he went to several really interesting places on the few episodes that I watched.

1 Like

Alright, I will put aside my “female” defensiveness (, at least for now).

“Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted” ? He has a way bigger hole to dig out of than Bobby Flay. I have been pretty impressed with Bobby Flay’s guests chefs, but especially the guest “judges”, but i will save that for another thread. :grin:

Raises (female) hand. I’m sure he has plenty of fans of various genders and persuasion, based on his talent and personality, but lots of his female fans are, shall we say, swimming in the shallow end of the pool.

1 Like

I’m not sure who we are talking about ( BobbyFlay ? Gordon Ramsay?), and what the “shallow end” means but it sounds good and I will look it up!

I was referring to the eliminated contestant with the female fan contingent mentioned by kobuta. Shallow end of the pool meaning superficial, i.e. appreciative of the exterior package as well as the talent.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks.

Thought the quick fire was kind of dumb. Mushroom dishes all looked delish. Are they staying in Paris for the finale?

2 Likes

Can I just say I’m happy for Sara! I know Buddha will win, it glad she’s there. I’d love to see her win.

1 Like

Does any one else remember the first season Richard Blaise’s was a contestant on Top Chef when he won so many challenges it seemed he was a lock to win finale? As I recall he forgot something - pork belly maybe - and went on to come in second. I guess anything can happy and I too wouldn’t mind if Sara won. I think Buddha will be successful no matter what but that a win will mean more to her future.

1 Like

Now could I forget. And I agree, Buddha will be fine either way, but it will be great for Sara!

2 Likes

I was definitely thinking the Richard\Stephanie finale. I always felt bad because everybody seemed to think Richard lost it and few viewed it as Stephanie winning it.

I’m only up to the Restaurant Wars episode, so I can’t really speak to the finale episodes. But apparently I am one of the few who didn’t care for Gabri from the start and was really pulling for Ali (and not just because he is easy on the eyes :wink:

2 Likes

So true! Stephanie went on to have a very successful and to be well regarded as a chef while Blaise has become seems to more of a TV food personality.

I also agree with you about Gabri vs Ali. Gabri always seemed so impish to me while Ali had more respect for the food.

3 Likes

Plus Gabri always seemed to have hair flopping in his face while cooking . . . a personal pet peeve of mine.

And Stephanie’s food always looked so much more appealing than Blaise’s “creative” takes. Then again, we can’t taste the food :cry:

3 Likes

I think Kristen Kish would be a great host. She has a very nice tv presence plus being a great chef. Watched a few episodes of Iron Chef where she was the cohost with Alton Brown and I preferred her a lot more.

7 Likes

She would be amazing, but in addition to Iron Chef she’s got a lot going on.

And

4 Likes

So true on both counts.

2 Likes

TV career has certainly taken off. Can’t think of any other top chef contestant I’ve seen more. She definitely doesn’t seem to want to ever compete again, but another hosting gig might be just the ticket.

1 Like