Top Chef Season 18

““From the Oregon Ducks to bird-watching, Portland is obsessed with birds.” We are? “With over 500 species of birds just in Oregon, it’s no wonder why,” she said.”

1 Like
4 Likes

Birds. Texas has birds.

Birds found in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of South Texas (thedauphins.net)

1 Like

I think I found the person who broke into the national Strategic AquaNet Reserve.

#RichardBlais

3 Likes

I’ve tried watching Top Chef and can’t get interested. The female host who took over in the second season (I think) has a tediously monotonous voice and sounds like she’s reading everything.

I found Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares far more entertaining and informative.

1 Like

I agree on Richard’s hair. If I am going to be “known” for something, I sure don’t want it to be my hair!

Even my 3 year old was like, his hair is VERY SILLY.

1 Like

He seemed to have toned it down in the next scene.

1 Like

He ran out of AquaNet.

They are quarantined, after all. You can only bring so much on an airplane before they declare it an explosive device.

#NeedToPace

5 Likes

OMG, thank you for reminding me of the Uproxx.
Always good for multiple chuckles and one guffaw.

2 Likes

@SushiDavid, here’s the next one!

https://uproxx.com/life/top-chef-power-rankings-season-18-episode-2/

1 Like

Thanks for posting the link! It was en enjoyable read!

1 Like

I have to say, it really looks like Tom and Padma are getting a kick out of some of this batch of cheftestants. They seem to crack up a lot more than they ever did.

1 Like

I think there must be a giddiness with that amount of social interaction.

2 Likes

“Are we good?”

Bullying or consensus building?

Re-watching season six, where Jenn is described as soft spoken just before we hear her say “are we good?”.

Of course, this is about Top Chef, but I keep finding myself thinking about other leadership roles, on and off various "platforms ".

I think it depends on how many seconds pass between the question and moving on. No telling with the Magical elves.

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold