Top Chef Season 17

First poopy face, now negative Nelly? You’re all such potty mouths :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

:poop::poop::poop::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You said “potty.”:astonished::astonished:

3 Likes

A have no idea how Karen Akunowicz has time to film Top Chef.

Her new restaurant (FABULOUS, btw) is really taking off but I get the impression that its very time-intensive.

2 Likes

Depending on when this was filmed (earlier in 2019 - can’t recall but I know it’s on the other TC thread), perhaps it wasn’t open yet (still in the set-up/build-out phase?) Her bio on her page says:

“In 2018, Karen won the prestigious James Beard Foundation Award in the category of Best Chef: Northeast. She also made the momentous decision to strike out on her own to open a restaurant called Fox & the Knife (opening Winter 2019) which would allow her to indulge her love of creating Italian-inspired food and drink served in a warm and welcoming enoteca.”

I think it takes 30 days to film a season, so maybe she found the time during build out.

1 Like

Sometimes you just have to make things happen too. I’m sure the press from being on the show is insanely important to making a restaurant work in Boston (customers,investors,etc). So I can see her saying “sorry, I just have to mke this happen”.

2 Likes

I had to look her up to remember her. I don’t remember how she did on her season of TC either!!

The song is (not surprisingly) Roxanne by the Police. The word Roxanne is sung 27 times in the song.

3 Likes

We have a start date! March 19th. I CAN’T WAIT!!!

The ones who can PTKAG first are:

Jen Carroll
Jamie Lynch
Brian Malarkey
Lisa Fernandes

Those chefs that I want in it to win it?

Bryan Voltaggio
Kevin Gillespie
Lee Ann Wong
Gregory Gourdet
Eric Adjepong

5 Likes

I don’t know why Jen Carroll is doing this again. Her outburst on all stars last time was embarrassing. She competed in LCK and didn’t do well. I hope she is back to her old self, but we’ll see. I would love to see Kevin win. He was consistently on top with great food in his season. I’d also love to see Bryan win. Whatever happens, I can’t wait!!!

3 Likes

She said in the introduction video (it followed what I linked above) that she has “evolved” after being part of the TC family for 10 years. Yeah, we’ll see!

And yes, Bryan and Kevin are my top 2. They were in Season 6 as well, but Michael Voltaggio came out on top.

1 Like

I know why Jen is doing this again: she recently (finally) opened a new restaurant in Philly . . . and as Tiffani Faison remarked, “TC puts asses in the seats.” I actually ate in Ripert’s Philly restaurant while Jen was exec chef and it was very good.

I’m pulling for Kevin. I liked Bryan in his first season, but he now somehow rubs me the wrong way.

And do we really need to see Malarkey and Fernandes again?

1 Like

And yeah, ok, I’m getting sucked in again :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

BTW, I would NEVER get on a skateboard. I was just telling a kid that today.

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with this list of “all stars” (I would question whether some of these were truly “stars”, since i couldn’t remember about half of them). Outside of Lisa F and maybe Angelo, there weren’t really instigators or anyone who had the dreaded villain cut that who seemed to be invited back just fo drama.

Angelo definitely had cooking chops; I was never that impressed with Lisa F. However, I will say that a few chefs I wasn’t that impressed with the first time seem to have grown and evolved into more respectable and amiable personalities (Dale T, Tiffani F as an example) as well as shown some great food so I will keep my mind open about Lisa F too.

2 Likes

March 19th release date?

1 Like

Countdown!!

1 Like

Jennifer is taking advantage of TC!

3 Likes

That’ seems like a great idea! I’m going to try to make that roasted red cabbage, glazed with pomegranate.

1 Like