Top Chef Season 14

Agree with Thimes - I understand why you’re happy being off the hook, but I also miss your recaps. Very much.

We have what used to be TimeWarner and is now Spectrum - and we’ve had the worst time getting LCK On Demand. It displays on the menu but just Will Not Load. We just watched the last four over the weekend because they wouldn’t even play before.

1 Like

It’s Season 14. I think eventually people move on to other shows or doing other things. I do still like watching it; but I’m not as crazy about it as I used to be. Seasons like Texas probably dampened my enthusiasm.

2 Likes

I experienced the same problem on Chrome and I have a whole other host of issues with IE, so I’ve always watched OnDemand. Luckily, they seem to have restored LCK, so I just watched the latest episode.

Agreed. I’m enjoying this season and wanted to recap. But by the time I watch it, the conversation has moved on. And Texas really soured lots of viewers on the show–if I hadn’t been hooked from Season 1 I may not have stayed.

1 Like

I still love the show but it is not what it used to be for me. I recently re-watched seasons 1, 2,3 and 6 and they were much more interesting somehow. I’m not sure why. And for sure, Texas was AWFUL! I am liking Shirley a lot this season too.

2 Likes

I did wonder, when each of them said how many they’d opened, how many had they closed. Restaurant business is very hard and fickle.

1 Like

Thank so everyone for mentioning LCK streams through their cable. I had never looked for it there. I have Xfinity and just used my "blue microphone " button and said last chance kitchen and there it was streaming through the tv! I never think to watch it on my laptop. Thanks!

2 Likes

I used to get it on Bravo on demand on Directv, but no more.

Yay, and yay. I liked the top 3 in the Elimination Challenge, and would have been fine with any of them winning.

And yay for who was booted. And yay for LCK winner.

2 Likes

Aaah - I had to record it! Now I need to get home to watch it!

1 Like

Thank God that annoying woman is finally gone!!!

What was she thinking with that cake?

It looked like a 9th grade home ec project …

2 Likes

It was hard to believe it took this long to get rid of her. The cake I think was a good idea badly executed - it sure looked a mess and once she started talking about “mushing it together” and then shaping it in a round mold it must have been even worse. I’m sure she was far, far below the other two in the bottom three. Hint: when Padma said, “usually we have a hard time deciding who’s going home - this time, we’re having a hard time deciding who’s winning.”

1 Like

The best part of the episode was the blindfolded taste test when John T. took the cream cheese on his finger, smelled and tasted it and declared it to be … FLOUR

5 Likes

The blindfolded palate test is one of my favorite Quickfire challenges (the mise-en-place race being the other ) . Cream cheese = flour was, um, surprising - but I think doing this must be a lot harder than it looks. Remember on TC Masters when Rick Bayless identified hoisin sauce as …ranch dressing???

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted someone to set up a blind tasting like this. I always wonder if I’d get any seeing how poorly some chefs do with it.

I think with the show pressure they probably get In their heads a little and second guess everything.

1 Like

There was always someone worse. Until this episode.

2 Likes

I think they picked the absolute right person to PYKAG! Glad it wasn’t Casey for a fleck of salt! I’m liking her better this time. And glad to see Shirley stay.

3 Likes

Agreed, though I truly suspect as ratgirl said there was a big gap between Emily and the others. From here on out it’s going to be good. All of them are talented chefs and I really like most of them and kind of like John. :slight_smile: He seems to be trying so hard not to be a jerk, despite his occasional failures, I am appreciating his effort.

2 Likes

Sorry to see Casey go.

Well, there is LCK to potentially save her. I was disappointed in both going, and not surprised at the win(s) in LCK, which I finally watched yesterday.

There is one person in the Final 4 that I just want permanently out of there. Hopefully next week.

I have not seen LCK - no patience to watch it on the computer!!