Top Chef is Coming Back

Ooops. I guessed you’d have to be watching LCK (Last Chance Kitchen) too.

I think Lamar, Evelyn and Buddha. OTOH, I’m also used those elves messing with my head and being surprised/disappointed.

At this point I start telling myself that even the runner ups end up doing OK. I just read an article about that.

The Real Prize of Top Chef

1 Like

You know, I’m really not enjoying this season. Having said that, I’ve developed a fondness for Buddha. I ha be no idea who Sarah even is. Kind of upsetting. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I find just about everything this season is sort of boring except the food.

1 Like

Everyone is just too nice. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s it! No chance of anyone getting their head shaved.

3 Likes

But isn’t there a long way between shaving heads and “too nice”? Speaking of head shaving episodes, Cliff is really working his way back in. I’ve never been clear about him being the fall guy while Ilan (spelling ?) carried on.

2 Likes

I think he became the fall guy because he was the one who physically restrained Marcel. Tom was on the record as wanting to boot the lot of them, but the producers said no.

2 Likes

Probably but the shaving incident is so notorious that I couldn’t think of anything that would likely be recalled by most of us. I do remember an incident where one person thought someone stole their peas. This season has been pretty drama-less.

2 Likes

The “pea puree” incident!

1 Like

That was a good one! I recently saw Cliff on an episode of Restaurant Impossible. He was called in to train the restaurant’s chef.

1 Like

PeaGate!

1 Like

I’ll be one of the few who prefers the drama-less shows. I don’t mind having challengers with strong personalities or who play to win (even to a adult), as long as they’re not outright douches. I think this season has had some fun food challenges, and as long as they remain interesting and focused on innovative cooking, I’m fine.

I don’t like challenges that are too gimmicky or too sponsor-y (Jurassic Park tie-in and that that inspiration from strong females…?). And sometimes the challenges are too complicated for their own good (I still can’t explain the scoring in sports head to head competition). But loved the looks the same, tastes different challenge and even the NASA challenge was interesting.

3 Likes

I agree. Then they all act like that person was some kind of god and they probably had never heard of some of them. I also don’t care for some of the judges they bring in. For instance. Claudette was kind of a nightmare in her season, and, IMHO these cheftestants can cook the pants off of her.

1 Like

I don’t even remember Claudette at all, so that pretty much sums up my impressions of her. :joy:
I understand wanting to honor strong women, and I’m sure many of those I don’t recognize are truly worthy women. My simpleton mind just doesn’t lend itself to associating a food or dish with a random person, no matter how iconic they may be, except in the most unusual of circumstances. Dishes inspired by their ethnicity, region…eh maybe. The one dish that had the strongest tie to the person was Evelyn’s because she recreated the visual of that song title in her dish. All the other dishes could have been inspired by my neighbor John, and no one could argue otherwise.

2 Likes

Think big purple lips. Think big old bus with Tanya under it.

2 Likes

Recaps!

Buddha’s wife is a pastry chef at Eleven Madison Park. She must be good!

It’s getting’, it’s getting’, it’s gettin’ kinda hectic. They are going to one of only two cities in the U.S. designated a UNESCO city of gastronomy!

Firstly, I had no idea there was such a thing, UNESCO city of gastronomy. Secondly, Tuscan isn’t on my radar for that designation! I would have thought New Orleans!

1 Like