Top Chef is Coming Back

Did anyone watch last night? I wasn’t happy with the outcome.

Of course! Re-watching right now. A bit early for me to have feelings about the outcome, but I might agree with you.

I watched. I was a little disappointed as I was growing yo love the chef sent home. Still, the food didn’t meet the challenge, so I have no cause for complaint.

1 Like

He was a bit too playing to the game for me.

1 Like

I didn’t think the eliminated chef had any chance at all of winning but there was something about him that I found endearing. The Sprout thought he was adorable in a goofy sort of way - that’s her usual type.

@shrinkrap Thanks for continuing to post the Uproxx reviews. They are always entertaining.

3 Likes

On another note, Hung is gray!!!

1 Like

He mentioned that it had been 15 years since he was in the TC kitchen. Gawd am I old (and gray :wink:

1 Like

So am I !!!

1 Like

I was gray 15 years ago too. I liked to think I was prematurely gray but now I’m not so sure any amore.

3 Likes

I thought the doppelgänger challenge was fun and clever, and something actually new and different is relatively rare after so many seasons.

3 Likes

I thought it was fabulous! I am in awe of the creativity. There has been a bit of redundancy to the challenges. I guess that is to be expected after 19 seasons. There are some challenges, such as he blind tasting, that I wouldn’t mind seeing more often.

Yes! I’m unning behind in my recap re-posting!

I was thinking the blind taste-testing QF would be interesting this season given that one person’s issue!

2 Likes

So true! It would make it very interesting. Is anyone else having a hard time figuring our whether the other chefs know?

I thought this challenge was great, but I still see no personalities. Except the guy who was eliminated last week.

I never thought about the personalities this season. Maybe that’s because there are only a few? To be honest, sometimes the personalities can get in the way of the cooking so not having some many competing ones may be a good thing.

1 Like

Yes maybe but the was part of the fun of the show too.

1 Like

Oh definitely. I remember many more personalities than what they cooked.

I suppose so, but some personalities seem to make the whole season distasteful. Like the first one with Marcel et al. Can’t recall the season. A few early season ones had personalities that overshadowed the cookery.

Hmmmm…maybe it’s not just the personalities. I’m looking at you Top Chef Texas.

2 Likes