Top Chef is Coming Back

I don’t even remember Claudette at all, so that pretty much sums up my impressions of her. :joy:
I understand wanting to honor strong women, and I’m sure many of those I don’t recognize are truly worthy women. My simpleton mind just doesn’t lend itself to associating a food or dish with a random person, no matter how iconic they may be, except in the most unusual of circumstances. Dishes inspired by their ethnicity, region…eh maybe. The one dish that had the strongest tie to the person was Evelyn’s because she recreated the visual of that song title in her dish. All the other dishes could have been inspired by my neighbor John, and no one could argue otherwise.

2 Likes

Think big purple lips. Think big old bus with Tanya under it.

2 Likes

Recaps!

Buddha’s wife is a pastry chef at Eleven Madison Park. She must be good!

It’s getting’, it’s getting’, it’s gettin’ kinda hectic. They are going to one of only two cities in the U.S. designated a UNESCO city of gastronomy!

Firstly, I had no idea there was such a thing, UNESCO city of gastronomy. Secondly, Tuscan isn’t on my radar for that designation! I would have thought New Orleans!

1 Like

Didn’t know it was a thing too! Reading up on what it’s about, it’s an interesting take on what they’re looking to recognize and preserve. It is UNESCO after all, so I suppose it makes sense. It’s more about preserving some of the original indigenous and/or cultural/ethnic cooking traditions in that are local to that area. The other US city is San Antonio, so I guess they upped and took the show to Tucson, since the 3 hr drive to San Antonio, TX wouldn’t be that interesting or different from what was already happening in Houston.

1 Like

Me neither!

Awww.

:pensive:

At least the Warriors didn’t disappoint.

I will be happy to see any of the final three win the whole thing (and felt the same about the final four). They’re all clearly very talented, and make great-looking (and sounding) food. I want ro taste all those desserts.

2 Likes

i love that two of the final three are women! And while I will be happy with any of them winning, I’m hoping for Evelyn to take the title. Everything from last night looked and sounded really amazing!

1 Like

we’re rooting for Evelyn too!

I like both Evelyn and Buddha. Buddha has had some amazingly creative dishes though.

Sarah had made some impressive dishes, but she has a habit of often plating her dishes to one side of the plate. Yes, that makes me irrationally angry. If you do that every once in a while, that’s fine. She seems to lean on that a lot, and even blamed that for her bad tuna. You’d think that would put an end to that.

2 Likes

Wow! Looks like judge Edward Lee came prepared with his Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.

He wore it well, and I didn’t think it was too over the top!

Congratulations Buddha!

1 Like

Sigh. Buddha is fine. :pensive:

I really wanted Buddha to win, but would have been happy with Evelyn too. They both cooked top-notch meals and dishes throughout the competition. Usually I’m a simple and homey presentation kind of gal, but I have to admit to appreciating those who do put in the time to make their foods look pretty. The visual can’t replace actual taste, but if you can marry the two, there are no complaints from me.

I loved that Buddha thought about these little things and he sure did wow me with how certain dishes came out.
EDIT: Plus - who didn’t love or appreciate or get a little emotional about the story of his dad and when he found out about making it on to Top Chef?

I’m sure I would have been happy for him if the Warriors had won. :neutral_face: