title must be at least two characters

farewell

I’m sorry you are leaving.

There are arseholes and PC police everywhere and they patrol on here, too.

1 Like

As a foreigner, I rarely read the American regional boards but your thread title obviously drew me in.

You have obviously deleted your original post on the other thread you started so it is impossible to know exactly what your objection is to the first response other than you don’t agree with it . That contributor suggests that just because a restaurant has been around for a long time does not make it worthy of support. That is the contributor’s opinion and, indeed, one with which I would agree.

I’d have to say that your attitude seems like you’re throwing your dummy out of the pram. This is a discussion forum. We discuss. We have different opinions. Get over that and get over yourself. Sorry to hear you’ve decided to leave the forum but it may be for the best.

3 Likes

Think it over. Sleep on it. Maybe you’ll change your mind. Your posts have provided me with a lot of good suggestions in the Boston area.

2 Likes

@passing_thru I know the poster to whom you are referring…he always seems to take the curmudgeon stance in almost every thread I’ve ever seen him on so I wouldn’t take it personally. The GBA board needs you!

3 Likes

I thought your original post was fine and you should have left it up. This is a discussion board after all. Sleep on it, your contributions are always welcome.

4 Likes

Even though I don’t know what happened, I am so sorry to hear this, @passing_thru. I have certainly appreciated what you say and how you say it.

Gonna be a lot quieter and less interesting around here without your presence. I respect your decision though I will miss your voice greatly. May many more bowls of delicious ramen and other good eats come your way. And I’ll gladly listen anytime if you choose to tell us about them.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m not sure exactly what happened, but passing _thru is one of the most thoughtful posters here. I do hope they will be back!

2 Likes

Oh, dear. We can do without the drama and we need good eaters and posters.

2 Likes

Anyone know why we now have a meaningless thread title?

@passing_thru - No! I love your posts! Please reconsider, even though I know not what caused your angst. We need as many high quality posters on the Greater Boston Board as we can get.

2 Likes

John, OP and title have been edited. All texts have been deleted.

Thanks, Presunto

I guess the OP tried to delete the title and this is a system default.

Oh, passing_thru, your posts always make my day a little brighter, and make me a little hungrier. You’ve also been instrumental in making this a friendly, welcoming community. I’d love to see you reconsider, but whatever you decide, know that you have some friends on this board that truly value your contributions and appreciate your generous sharing of local deliciousness.

5 Likes

I’ve left boards because of similar situations - so I get it. Life’s short, why put up with the negativity when there are other places to go . . . .

I wish boards were more proactive in these situations - why not put these situations up for a vote to see who has to go? I’d rather have passing-thru than the other poster around . . . .

1 Like

That is, most definitely, not a good way forward.

People choosing to stop posting on a forum is entirely a matter for them. People being obliged to stop posting should be entirely a matter for a forum’s moderators who consider whether a breach of rules warranting suspension has occured.

The baying of an angry crowd is not justice, regardless of circumstances.

And, FWIW, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the other person’s post on the other thread.

(PS: I have no dog in this fight. I do not know either of the two people involved, nor do I recall either of them ever being significantly involved in threads I’ve posted too)

7 Likes

@Harters Whole-heartedly agree with this approach. Mob rule/putting things to a vote which are not vote-worthy is anathema to me. I have had a couple of unpleasant exchanges on this board. My tact was to lick my wounds, take a break/deep breath, and come back as I have come to love this board and all of its quirky personalities. If you can’t have fun on a food board, where can you have fun? (Unless of course you were eating / cooking a fabulous meal.) It’s a food board, people! Can’t we all just get along?!

We’re all adults who are capable of making adult decisions but I still hope @passing_thru will reconsider his exit.

ETA : admittedly I do have a dog in this fight. @passing_thru at times has nearly single-handedly kept the Bostonboard alive and vital. If he does go through with leaving, we will have to try our best to keep the discussion going. Big shoes to fill.

5 Likes

I feel a beer summit is in order.

4 Likes

This!

3 Likes

it’s most certainly not for the best. passing _thru is a valued contributor. regardless of the circumstances or sensitivities, piling on won’t help build this community.

4 Likes