Thinking about an air fryer - what kind?

I upgraded my Breville to the one that has the air oven (how this is different from their convection setting, I don’t know). I’ll have to finally give that function a try.

5 Likes

I just saw this ad for the Breville Combi Wave 3 in 1 that is supposed to be a combination air fryer, microwave, and convection oven. Is this the one you just upgraded to @kobuta? This would save a lot of counter space (having one appliance perform the function of three).
https://www.breville.com/us/en/wave-range/our-wave-story.html?ecid=|bmo870Launch||Email|||Microsite|US|%20Microwave|All||CTW||All|||||||

2 Likes

Since an air fryer IS a convection oven “3 in 1” is a marketing ploy. It is going to old more food at a time than a dedicated counter-top air fryer.

1 Like

Based on our probable limited use, cost and and space, this sounds like a perfect intro into air frying

2 Likes

I actually got this one that came out a 2-3 years ago. Believe it or not, I actually wanted a slightly larger one and this is a good 2 inches wider than the old Smart Oven model.

I have a gas stove, and I don’t love my gas oven. This Breville can actually fit a smaller sized chicken in it for roasting. It will also broil some of my smaller slabs of pork belly and other roasts without almost setting my house on fire (it only happened once!). :sweat_smile:
https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/ovens/bov900.html

4 Likes

The option of a smaller oven is a really nice thing.

Not only do the small ones not put out a blast furnace of heat (here in Florida it’s 75F - yes, 22C! At 6:30 am at the end of October!) But small households with disparate schedules, its the best choice for my house.

1 Like

Looks perfect. Cheap and 7.2 qt capacity. Don’t need digital readouts and timing functions. Just turn it on and get the job done

Redundant post :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

The crew uses it frequently.

How is the Breville air fryer function? I’m thinking of upgrading. One less appliance on my counter!

Here are some Spanakopita from last night. Perfectly done in my Chefman.

10 Likes

Here’s a use of a circulator that I use frequently. Thawing frozen items.

I have a double sink so mount the circulator on the divider. Fill sink with cold water and run the circulator with no heat. You can thaw in less than half the time it would take without circulation

3 Likes

We just got this. It was high time to replace our weakling, tiny microwave, and we’ve been wanting an air fryer. Excited to use it.

3 Likes

Still haven’t tried it yet :clown_face:. Thought I think I will try to air-fry some wings next weekend for the superbowl so stay tuned…

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Speaking of air fryers-

My friend has one of these and loves it. I was in the dark, having never heard of this variation.
She says there’s even a FB group dedicated to them.

1 Like

Outstanding idea- thanks

Ooh. Since the last time this came up, I upgraded to an InstantPot brand 10-in-1 air fryer.

We use it at least once a day…it makes lovely toast, air fries like a champ, and The Chef roasts, browns and finishes all sorts of lovely things in it.

I bake in it all the time as it’s big enough to hold ab 8 x 8 pan

2 Likes

I got an air fryer about a week ago. I haven’t cooked much in it yet, other than about ten kinds of fries and a couple of kinds of onion rings. It is so much better for those than the oven. Cooked some Tyson blackened chicken strips in it today, also better than the oven. Yesterday, I used it for a grilled cheese sandwich. I did that mainly out of curiosity. It turned out fine, but I think a pan on the stovetop will remain my method of choice for that.

Here’s mine. Adult son loves it, while I’ve gone quite mad trying to keep it sort of pristine. Can something be “sort of” pristine?

My wall oven, OTOH, is an abomination (it’s messy and I don’t seem to care).

The Breville heats up really fast, doesn’t need pre-heat for broiling, and broils great without overcooking.

We haven’t quite ditched the toaster.

1 Like

I have that too, and you are right about it. Heats up fast, etc. But, when I did wings in it the drips were awful and there is no “catch” drip tray like in the cuisines. I say what I made wings, past tense, it’s because I have never done it again😃

1 Like