The Good News Thread In The Age of Corona

University College London (UCL) has reported on findings that the number of people who have quit smoking is markedly up during COVID-19.

3 Likes

More baby pics, they’ve named him Finn.

Would love to find kitty in need of rescue…no way I could get another one past H…

9 Likes

Thanks for the morning dose of oh, so cute!

2 Likes

It took my wife twelve years to talk me into a cat. Now we have a cat. Trash has doubled (cat box mostly) and Amazon sends me promotions for cat toys, litter, and cat food. sigh

2 Likes

But they’re sooo worth it @Auspicious! Ours brought a full sized live bird in the house yesterday - sneaked it in the back door; looks like an aviary in here, feathers everywhere. It did fly away, hope birdie makes it.

1 Like

3bd71fbd34c01df1b1f700484cc8296cbf2954f92159541d121de98ce3de8d8c.0

I used to be called “the cat lady” in college because I kept a stray in my dorm room.

1 Like

Lol, you don’t remind me of a crazy cat lady at all!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This cracked me up . She explains COVID rules.

3 Likes

From now on, I’m going to end every sentence with “plus a couple tigers.”

That cracked me up. Until I realized it is a fairly accurate representation of the guidance we have been given over the past four months.

3 Likes

The crazy comes MUCH later. Maybe the crazy tomato lady.

6 Likes

My brother shared that when it first came out, and I worried not everyone would think it was funny.

1 Like

When it first landed here, we sent it to reporters and “public officials”, hoping it would sharpen and improve their utterances.

Tomatoes and chiles! Two of the happiest foods on earth.

2 Likes

@shrinkrap, like the “Birdman” of Alcatraz, you should be the tomato and pepper lady of Vacaville! As well, you’re in Covid prison, so…

1 Like

After seeing tomatotomato’s comment:

“Tomatoes and chiles! Two of the happiest foods on earth.“

I couldn’t help but think maybe a homemade canned Ro*Tel? I know you love new projects.:slightly_smiling_face: A staple in the South.

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/20/i-was-growing-hopeless-about-world-then-an-artichoke-came-my-rescue/

Though I have always lived in northern climes, I love Ro*Tel too. My grocery store in Massachusetts (Market Basket) even carries it, which of course means I can never shop at a different supermarket chain aside from the occasional discreet dalliance (Wegman’s, Whole Foods).

3 Likes

I thought RoTel stuff was available everywhere!
Do you guys get Snap E Tom?

1 Like

RoTel wasn’t always available up North though I can find it now.

I have never seen Snap E Tom in the Eastern US. That I have yet to try.

1 Like