The Daily Beast: New York Times' Tomato Carbonara Recipe (Rightly) Causes International Incident

I had a slow cooked pork dish (not suckling pig) at a Cuban restaurant in Miami Beach. That came with rice and black beans which was nice. And boiled yucca which, my notes remind me, had something of the texture and flavour of wallpaper paste.

2 Likes

I have to confess that I’m not a big fan of it, either…but probably the only dish from that particular pot that I don’t care for. If I’m in someone’s home and it’s onthe plate, I’ll eat it to be polite but I won’t order it.

I’ve lived in Florida so long that Cuban food is comfort food for me.

2 Likes

At the moment we have no plans to travel to France …

We cannot even travel to the Madrid Capital …

We have to stay put !

Thank you for your suggestion however, it is impossible at this time legally.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, in these times even things that are allowed are not always smart.

3 Likes

I mentioned that if and when we are allowed to travel again…I was planning to be in Europe last summer, but we know how well that went…

2 Likes

And I was similarly planning to be in Alaska. We had, literally just a couple of days before, paid the balance due on the trip when everything went to ratshit.

1 Like

At long last, it’s starting to look like we might maybe, possibly be gaining the upper hand.

Says the woman who lives where spring break is just beginning and no one wears a bl**dy mask.

4 Likes