The Costco Thread 2023 [Ontario]

Oh my, I was headed to my local Costco today, but I think I’ll put off the trip and let those cravings disappear.

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe here are the finds

1 Like

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe
Very busy. Organic honey and Rao’s on promo so picked up those

3 Likes

Unplanned visit today to Thorncliffe good promo on steaks with 12$ off a pack of filet mignon (pre-portioned) and package of prime rated strip was 15$ off. I would have picked the prime rated strip but too much fat to meat ratio on these. Ah well here are some interesting finds

1 Like

Today’s trip was to Etobicoke. The Argentinan shrimps were colossal btw
Here are the new finds.

2 Likes

Still wondering when they will bring back the ’ twin-packed ’ jared Anchovies?!

I will keep an eye out for you Charles.
I recall you have a penchant for this ham. Wanted to share its on clearance online
https://www.costco.ca/noel-bellota-iberico-bone-in-spanish-ham-gift-set-7-kg-(15.4-lb).product.100579526.html

If you look at the ingredients, the ham contains e252(potassium nitrate), e250(sodium nitrite) and e316(sodium erythorbate). The top notch hams only contain pork and salt. Not quite as good a deal as Costco would have you believe.

Thank you dear ’ chow-friend '!
Going with my kids to Europe on a food-crawl in a few months time. Bilbao, San Sebastian and Barcelona will be some of the destinations. Hopefully I will have my fair share there!
Thanks again!
BTW…for us foodies with sweet teeth, Creme Catalan and Basque Cheesecake too!! :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe
Here are some interesting items

3 Likes

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe major chaos as so busy

3 Likes

That burger sauce really needs a new name. /cringe

I love seeing your Costco pictures.

2 Likes

Today’s trip was a lot relaxed. Some good promos on the filet mignon as well

2 Likes

Oooo… did you try that maple syrup? If so, how’s it?

I have tried it before (Last year I recall) it tastes a lot stronger than the Organic Kirkland version that’s a staple at for moi

I just love seeing what our northern neighbors get to see at their Costco.

Which Costco location is the Maille Dijon mustard available at? I haven’t been able to find it at my closest Costco, on Billy Bishop Way.

Thorncliffe. The SKU number is in the pic so you can call the closest one to check the stock for you before trekking over

I’m much obliged for pointing me to the 800-ml size of my favourite Maille Dijon mustard (though, annoyingly, the price has doubled in the past couple of years). The Thorncliffe location, which I rarely visit, seems to be slightly less of a brawl than the one I usually go to, on Billy Bishop Way. Mind, entering any Costco nowadays is never a relaxing experience. But the locations are usually well run, and if you know precisely what you want - though some products often disappear and pop up again a few weeks/months later for a few dollars more - you can get in and out without too much aggravation.