The Costco Thread 2023 [Ontario]

Starting a new thread for Costco finds for 2023 as a placeholder.

2 Likes

I guess I can post it here as last day of the year and don’t think I will go to Costco next couple of weeks. Wishing everyone a wonderful new year

2 Likes

Wow! I wish our Costco was gourmet!

3 Likes

Today’s trip was to billy Bishop not my fav place on Sunday as the checkout lines waits were atrocious
They hardly had any soft cheese selection as well just picked up some burrata for salads. Wagyu skewers looked interesting though didn’t pick them up
Here are some finds

1 Like

I recently bought a package of the bone-in sliced short ribs and they are delicious and a good price.

Yeah the marbling looked decent for Miami Style or Kalbi BBQ.
I have seen very good Kosher beef ribs with bones as well but they are priced on the higher side IMO.

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe impromptu so didn’t explore much

Today’s trip was to Thorncliffe

Today’s trip Thorncliffe

I will be more than happy if they bring in ’ Phillip’s ’ Crab cakes and other frozen crab related products from the States!!

Any one noticed ’ Anchovies in Jar ’ on the shelf anywhere?

I ended up trying the orange after recommendations Dekopon variety. Pricey at 2$ a pop but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have become a fruit snob after moving to North America as other than the local fruit I find most items tasteless and what would be someone ideas of that fruit. Have seen them at whole foods as well and I am sure they cost way more.

You’re doubtless referring to the Zarotti two-jar anchovies, Charles, which I also keep an eye out for. Last I saw it, and scooped it up, was at the Thorncliffe Park Costco warehouse. It’s a crapshoot, though.
Sometimes it’s there, sometimes not. Another sometimes-there-sometimes-not product that I haven’t seen anywhere lately: the 800-ML size of Maille Dijon Originale mustard. Ordinarily a mad buy for that size. If anyone knows where I might find it at whichever Toronto Costco, kindly advise.

1 Like

Some new items and sales. Picked up inukshuk coffee will report back how it tastes

1 Like

BTW, if you’ve never tried it, the Kirkland instant coffee (source Vietnam) is actually really good for instant coffee (even better than some Australian and British brands). Unfortunately I’ve never been able to find it after the first time I bought it. I hope they bring that back as sometimes I don’t have time to do a full brew.

The Costco in Nepean (suburb of Ottawa) now sells fancy vegetables like snow peas, fresh baby corn and enoki mushrooms. I am jealous of the variety you have in Toronto.

Not my usual day so found it nice that it wasn’t busy

1 Like

3 Likes

Wanting to avail the promo by Costco on same-day delivery I was pleasantly surprised when my order for prime rated strip loin steak was fulfilled. They used the Thorncliffe location as well but I haven’t seen prime rated cuts there on the weekends for sure (even a weekday trip didn’t end up with a purchase) with the weather warming up hopefully can fire up the grill this weekend to enjoy these. P.S. I saw on other forums that Aussie wagyu is on promo in store. I couldn’t justify the up charge in the past. Fyi delivery is via Instacart service which marks up 20% I recall but the promo off set it

1 Like

This trip was to North York location not my fav Costco as selection is limited some interesting items

1 Like