The Butchers Block, Long Branch

Man I need to get my ass over to this place.

2 Likes

Just came back from a very enjoyable lunch here. Placed my Haskell bets and left to head over here arriving around 1pm the place had some serious hustle going on.

I really like the vibe and set up, I’m definitely going back for a steak dinner but this was just lunch.

Ordered:
1 cheesesteak (mine)
1 weird mushroom sandwich (wife)
1 burger (guest)

Sides:
Coleslaw
Brussel sprouts (with captain crunch, yes the cereal)

The cheese steak was very good, I had to ask for extra cheese sauce which was good but a bit more liquid than I prefer. The shaved rib-eye is the star of the dish, the homemade fries were excellent.

The burger got high regards and is served with the same fries.

The mushroom sandwich was like a veggie burger vs. an actual mushroom. It had some spice to it which wasn’t expected but the sandwich was enjoyed.

The Brussels sprouts were very good, the captain crunch (yes the cereal) was a very interesting combination. At first my apprehension over took my taste buds and I was neutral on the combination, after a few bites though my taste buds confirmed while odd as f*ck, this was delicious.

The “famous” cole slaw was ok, shaved red onions in it I did enjoy.

Turns out the hustle and bustle of the place had to do with the Jersey Shore fiilming there that afternoon. I got to brush up to Snooki! So keep your eyes posted this season of The Jersey Shore Ho’down Edition!!! Staring yours truly Guido NotJr!!

8 Likes

That’s a tasty looking piece of meat!

I smell a HODown…

Count me in. I work in LB and I’m definitely rooting for this place!

1 Like

Had another good lunch here. The owner said I should try the burger and I’m glad I did.

Although I’m not sure this place would be a great spot for a HODown. If we all want steak then sure, but although they do have fresh caught roasted whole fish on the menu, there is not much for the meat averse.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what, I’m ready, willing and able to the reconnaissance for a potential ho’down. I wanted to get there this week but with my temporary housing arrangements and up in the air schedule it has made it difficult but trust me as soon as I do I will report back!

3 Likes

I’m sorry–are we full up on vegetarians/vegans on this board?? I think the heat is getting to you, @seal

2 Likes

Lol! :rofl:

I’m game anytime for some serious steak.

2 Likes

David, but are you game for game? :wink:

1 Like

Jersey Bites gave a glowing review of Butcher’s block. The bone marrow pizza and tomahawk steak sound awesome.

2 Likes

Looking like a mid week stop for dinner.

1 Like

Let us know how it is. If I can find someone to go with soon I will give it a shot.

I wonder how much food she took home? That was quite a meal she had.

I called on Saturday just on a whim to see about reservations they said they are booked; not 1, not 2 but 3 weeks in advance for Friday or Saturday night reservations!! I’m going to get there sooner rather than later for dinner.

2 Likes

Can you eat at the “bar”

I’m not sure what “bar” you are referring to but they have an espresso station/bar that has 2 seats on the end of it. That’s the only area I could see being referred to as a bar.

Yeah that is what I was referring to, hence the parenthesis around the word bar lol. I’m just wondering if I should drop in one night and fly solo if allowed to eat at one of those stools

Yeah I wouldn’t discourage you from doing that. The place has a very odd seating in a few different rooms, but it’s a very cool relaxing vibe to the place.

Close to home you’ve got to try Gabriella’s!

Yeah I will give that a shot too. My mom actually stopped in the day they were open I think. She was going to whole foods and popped in to see the place. She said it was really nice and obviously the food is good if you put your seal of approval on it.

I think a tomahawk is on the list from butchers block first. I might see if I can grab one of those stools on a weeknight.

2 Likes

We are going Saturday night at 5 with friends. When my friend made the reservation on Tuesday, this Friday (tomorrow) at 5 was available.

5 Likes