The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

is it a rainier cherry? (Or an apple)?

1 Like

Nope, that’s an apple alright!

2 Likes

Now this is a porter! Sign me up!

1 Like

Has anyone ever tried this? Seems like a good project for sometime over the next couple of weeks.

3 Likes

I sent this to a meat-centric friend who ages his own meat and asked if he had heard of it. Here’s his response: Of course I have. I tried it and didn’t like it. Gave the meat a sweet taste.

2 Likes

The headline could read “Meat-Centric Friend’s Steak Game Unchanged Despite Koji Short Cut”
maybe

3 Likes

On the menu at Il Nido:

36OZ COWBOY OR LONG BONE TOMAHAWK

45 Day Dry Aged, Cut from the Rib Loin, 3" Thick, Perfect for slicing and Sharing

$140

3 Likes

Did anyone pick up some of those epic ribeye deals during Christmas? 4.79 at Shoprite. I might have lost control and ended up taking home 46 lbs of ribeye.

2 Likes

I don’t recall what the price was but I did get two excellent prim rib roasts for Christmas Eve at Shop Rite, I was very happy with them.

2 Likes

Yeah the shop rite I went to was short handed and couldn’t cut up the pieces for everyone waiting so they just started giving everyone whole vac sealed packages. Came home with 2 whole pieces, what a glorious christmas.

Was trying to decide if we should go for the 9.99 USDA Prime but couldn’t justify coming home with half the meat for same money.

Also used the opportunity to gorge on some raw beef which is always a good time.

3 Likes

Artic Butcher in Point Beach is currently running a 12oz. Prime boneless ribyeye for $12, absolutely incredible.

2 Likes

It’s been awhile as I’ve been cutting back on my red meat eating but I had a hankering tonight. American Wagyu from Shop Rite. With prime at $18,99lbs this at $20.99 didn’t seem like too big a stretch. Delicious!

13 Likes

The things I would do to have that meat inside me right now

It was very good. I owe you one!

1 Like

Not a steak, but since I mentioned the raw beef I thought I’d at least post a pic. :slight_smile: Sliced up eye from the ribeye, asian pear, pine nuts, some scallions, garlic and chicory from mom’s garden. Some salt sugar sesame oil, sesame seeds and a teeny hit of msg. :slight_smile: Oh and an egg yolk of course!

12 Likes
2 Likes

And this is why I love the internet!!! Lol awesome!!

1 Like

You deserve a break today. (Heard that before.)

Wasn’t even going to get steak today but saw this prime NY Strip in Stu’s case at Monmouth Meats Texted a photo to my wife and the response was get some. We haven’t cooked them yet but I just spent 20 minutes shoveling our deck to allow access to our grill.

10 Likes

That is a thing of beauty! Enjoy, I’m waiting for the cooked pics!!

2 Likes