The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Just saw this in the tri-City News…

3 Likes

The atlantic house now has a new menu. It has a ribeye and I got all excited as I’ve been meaning to get there.

It is 38 for an 11oz ribeye. Does that sound expensive? It isn’t aged…

It says grass fed, so if it’s the hippie kind of grass, then, no, it doesn’t sound expensive. :smoking:

$38 for 11oz, yeah that’s a pretty skimpy cut.

Acme has their Christmas sale, select rib roast for 4.77! Trying to decide the upgrade to choice is worth the 5.99 at shoprite.

1 Like

By comparison HEB in Houston has select for 3.69, choice 9.99, and prime for 12.99 so the upgrade to choice at Shoprite sounds like a good deal to me, of course I’m over a thousand miles away.

2 Likes

Monmouth Meats!! Real deal A5

Picked up my strip loin for Xmas but this was tempting!!
Thanks Stew! @meatmaniac

6 Likes

Just a FYI I ate at Char Thursday night my NY Strip was so tough/chewy I left half on my plate. Terrible! My buddy ordered the bone in rib eye and while he claimed to enjoy it the cut was so skimpy I was genuinely surprised they would serve a rib eye like that.

Bottom line: I loath Char Red Bank.

7 Likes

For all of you steak fans:

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone ever had a steak at Barnacle Bill’s, but as I mentioned in the Christmas Eve thread on the other board, they churned out an excellent filet mignon last night. Melt-in-your-mouth tender. Probably could have eaten it with a spoon. Perfectly cooked to medium rare, topped with six or seven mushrooms, and accompanied by a cup of au jus. Lighting was not great, so no pics.

6 Likes

Nice Greg. I’m glad to hear they had a decent steak. I might have to try a steak or two. It has been probably a decade since I got a ny strip there.

1 Like

Wow, that dinner is completely speaking my language. Who wants to guess the calorie count for that dinner? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just remembered taking a photo to post here… Capitoline in AP has Prime Rib Night on Wednesdays (and other specials on other nights):

I’ll add that I’ve never eaten here; was at a holiday lunch at Loteria, which is part of ‘The Complex’ of places owned by the same people, and we cut through to go out to Cookman Ave.

2 Likes

Hope everyone who celebrates had a Merry Christmas. The standing rib roast we got from Monmouth Meats came out excellent. As always a great piece of meat from Stu.

12 Likes

I was with friends in Ocean Grove last night; he made a standing PORK roast from Drew’s Market in Spring Lake that was DELICIOUS…

1 Like

Some twin prime ribs at sitting duck. It was not great like my last one, but for 20 bucks this was still well worth the price and comes with soup and salad. They give a nice size container of dressing too (in my case blue cheese.) Wednesday is prime rib night and I think sunday too.

7 Likes

Nice, I never thought of getting 2!

(I know they’re both yours because they only gave you one knife.)

3 Likes

Niceeeeee CJ !!! Isn’t the Pour House closer for you? Had a mushroom Swiss burger there Friday night, so frigging good!

Steak for 2 for 1. Nice

“a cup of au jus”

“Au jus” means “with juice” and you don’t have “a cup of with juice”.

The only thing more irksome to see on a menu is “with au jus sauce”.

2 Likes