The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Thought you all might enjoy this one:

Wish I could give credit where credit is due, but I have no idea who came up with that!

6 Likes

Ribeye tonight with some potatoes.

11 Likes

Nice!

Shoprite has Angus prime porters on sale for 9.99 now. That is a good price! I might have to get in on that today.

2 Likes

Found a nice one today…check this out. It is coming up to room temp now.

9 Likes

Shop Rite baby!!!

https://mymodernmet.com/funny-puns-signs-indian-hills-community-center/

2 Likes

LOVE THESE!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Prime London Broil, marinated in teriyaki, garlic, ginger, scallions and crushed black pepper. $6.99 lb… at Shoprite last week in Wall, this week $2.97 lb., not my favorite cut but at that price it works.

6 Likes

Best Market grass-fed strip steaks from last night.

4 Likes

So tonight I was driving past the dollar store and for some reason had a craving for some almonds. So I head in and I’m curious about all the weird stuff they have. I start wondering around.

I look over and they had 1.00 rib eyes…no joke. They are very thin and made with a 30% solution of some kind of concoction that had bromelain as one of then ingredients…tenderizer.

So do you think I can eat a whole one? The dollar ribeye challenge :smile:

I can’t imagine these tasting very good.

Why would I do this? No idea…I do dumb stuff once in a while.

Another idea was to buy one, pound with my meat mallet and try to emulate those Chinese beef sticks with some msg and soy sauce on a skewer.

Joon, help me out. These are real ribeyes. It isn’t chopped up and formed into the shape of a steak. They are just very thin. I’ll take a pic. It isn’t too far from me.

So my question is, how do I take a one dollar steak and make it half decent? (If possible at all)

This isn’t about saving money or anything, I just get weird ideas lol

5 Likes

Sounds like a candidate for chicken fried steak.

3 Likes

My friend once brought a plate of fried vegetables to a pot luck party. Broccoli, mushrooms, etc. He asked me where I thought he bought them and I had said Costco. He then laughed and informed me they were from Dollar Tree. I didn’t eat anymore, but I can’t say it was bad before I knew it.

However, a steak or [heaven forbid] clam strips or seafood of any kind would be pushing it.

1 Like

Waiting for our number to be called at this Hot Pot Restaurant in Guangzhou.

Thought I’d share with the Alpha Carnivores on this thread. I’m so hungry, I can eat a COW!!!

Gotta to put on the feedbag now. Cya.

7 Likes

Good lord. So what did you end up getting?

The meat flow just arriving.

Chinese White Lightning. Ouch.

9 Likes

Wow…that’s really amazing. In all my years around kitchens and meat I have never seen an intact skeleton rib section like that. It seems all the actual meat has been removed, with exception to connective tissue and they are drying the bones. Probably use for stock / marrow etc. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

LOL Love the few pieces of celery hanging there to dry, that’s for their vegan dish. (sssshhhhhhh)

3 Likes

A whole one? I challenge you to eat 10!

Don’t want to discourage you but here’s a video you might want to check out… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI66WaDg2q8

3 Likes

I love you

1 Like

Damn, so it really is that bad. I think I will pass

Here is a good one from LA beast. I literally had to walk out of the room and almost ralphed.