The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

When I first moved to the area (1993) The Shadowbrook was still serving dinner. They were also part of the Entertainment Club, they had a coupon (reusable) for 50% off!! They were admittedly long past their prime by this point, but the property was still beautiful, though dated, the service was still tuxedoed white glove. They had chateaubriand for 2 for $ 50. (back then), served table side. They would bring the cutting board with the tenderloin, grilled vegetables and delicious mashed potatoes. I would get a cesare salad (tableside as well) and a couple of drinks the entire tab would be $ 50. after the meal was discounted from $ 50 - $ 25.

You would eat and be served like a king and escape for $ 50. for two people, it was the best deal back then.

4 Likes

I also have fond memories of The Shadowbrook. While there is plenty of good food around, that type of experience is hard to find today at any price.

2 Likes

I haven’t entertainment booked for a while not but I remember Shadowbrook was still on it! I can’t remember if I’ve ever gone. But man that sounds like an amazing deal!! I wonder how they’re doing these days.

Come on by and I’ll serve up some grass fed chateaubriand for you in white gloves. But probably boxers and t shirt not a tuxedo, can’t fit into mine right now.

1 Like

Don’t threaten me with a good time!!!

3 Likes

Ah. It sounds so much more special as Chateaubriand! I’ve never been a big steak eater, actually didn’t eat meat for 25+ years so It’s not something I go to naturally.

I think my problem was my grill is a piece of shit and doesn’t get hot enough to get a good sear. I either need a set up a la @NotJrvedivici or a blow torch.

3 Likes

A5 wagyu ribeye at Monmouth Meats. Sorry Stew just wrote a check for my daughters first college semester. Won’t be eating wagyu for a little while :cry:

9 Likes

One word folks… Toscano. The BEST steak in NJ. We stopped in for an early dinner on Saturday. I don’t know how but each visit it only gets better. Hubs had the bone-in NY strip steak and I had the bone-in filet. Mine had a pastrami rub with root beer butter compote :fire: . Both came with whipped mashed potatoes with pieces of chunky pancetta and cheese. Needed a “veggie” so we chose a baked creamed spinach. WOW! Always a beautiful dining experience :pray:t2:

10 Likes

Love it! Dam I miss that place!

1 Like

Timely post. Going next weekend for anniversary dinner. First time visit. Everything looks delicious.

4 Likes

Oh yay! Enjoy and remember don’t eat anything all day so you’re good and hungry :rofl:

It’s just such a treat each time :pray:t2:

1 Like

Cross posted to the Toscano thread to give them some more exposure too!! They deserve it!

2 Likes

Ooo good idea! Thanx

1 Like

From last night’s dinner to this morning’s breakfast! Dam good prime porterhouse from Shoprite in Shrewsbury!!

10 Likes

Time for a holiday special edition!!! Prime ribeye sans the tomahawk, figure I’d save the $7.00 of the bone. Ribeye with sautéed broccolini and loaded baked potato. Dam good meal!!!

Happy Labor Day to my HO’s!!!

21 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about! Nice plates.

2 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Shop rite or stew? Who sold you that lovely piece of meat?

1 Like

((Shop Rite))

1 Like

This was from Thursday nights Giants game (dam u Giants). We had a boys night for the game since I didn’t go on a school night.

(Shop Rite again)

13 Likes