The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

1 Like

“You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 23 hours before trying again.”

Okie Dokie.

I’m always embarrassed when a machine tells me that; I tend to wonder exactly what it’s been monitoring :zipper_mouth_face:

So sad - a favorite actor and song

2 Likes

It is sad, but also not wrong to die an old man, with your wife there, at home, after a long and distinguished career.

3 Likes

No and it’s not like I feel the way I did when my dad died. I simply liked him and the song

1 Like

Back in the days when theaters onl had one screen, The Sound Of Music was at a local theater (Hillside, IL) for at least a year.

2 Likes

Oh, Hillside’s alive with The Sound of Music;
its songs have been sung for at least a year!
We hope we can soon see a different movie -
there’s nothing to do, and we’re bored to tears.

:slight_smile:

My feelings exactly.

I lived in Queens Village in the 1960’s. Howard Johnson had their food factory there but not a restaurant. Mr Pepin was the executive chef and supervised the large scale operation that distributed to HoJos all over the US.

3 Likes

Where I was 44 years ago today.

3 Likes

44 years ago today I was probably struggling to deal with the impenetrable mystery of long division. :slight_smile:

I think, overall, you probably got the better deal on that particular day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Auditorium Theatre is my favorite concert venue ever.
A spectacular place. I also saw the Roxy Music Country Life tour there.

1 Like

Cagney & Lacey marathon on tonight. I always loved the lead in music/scene. Along with Mary Jane’s relationship with her husband “Harve”. who played Willie Loomis on Dark Shadows.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

RIP Larry McMurtry: Up until lately I’d only read a few of your books. Lonesome Dove, Streets of Laredo, Comanche Moon. But since then I’ve expanded my horizons thanks to a fellow HO who recommended one book.

The Last Picture Show - Not bad otoh I couldn’t put it down.
Terms of Endearment - I liked the movie better
Moving On - Gradually plowing my way through this🙂
Next up is Texasville, the sequel to TLPS.

I still say Lonesome Dove was his Masterpiece. And they couldn’t have cast the mini series any better than they did.

6 Likes

Nostalgia can come from seemingly odd directions …

For those who followed this genius.

2 Likes

That’s no good :frowning:

Here’s a vote for Cadillac Jack.

2 Likes