The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

We’ve been watching the Twilight Zone marathon ~ on and off. One can only take so much you know. Amazing how many famous faces and well known character actors/actresses were on this show.

Here’s Telly Savalas in Talky Tina.

3 Likes

I always watch some Twilight Zone. The actors are great but also some of the episode were written by some of the best sci-fi writers.

3 Likes

This is food for thought: I remember vividly an episode of the TwighLight Zone where people could choose what they wanted to look like, and everyone wound up looking the same.

Fast forward to now, and I honestly can’t tell the Kim’s, Klhoes, and whomever, apart! They all look the same. Please notice the standard noses, the balloon breasts, etc! I’m sorry, it’s like the old TwighLight Zone episode come to life. I always think of that particular episode…

1 Like

My favorite from the set.

1 Like

I remember one that was sort of like that, but "attractive " was the opposite of what the main characters might think. It’s not like anyone ended up looking like me, but it was still interesting.

I think it was this one.

Twilight Zone Episodes Ranking Main

1 Like

I will never forget this Night Gallery episode as long as I live. Earwigs.

2 Likes

Wow! Don’t recall seeing that one, but I will never think of earwigs the same way.

Not that they weren’t already pain in the neck. Or wherever.

3 Likes

Not sure I ever saw that one @shrinkrap, although I was a devoted fan of the show.

Oh, and earwigs are rightfully skeevey. Shudder!

1 Like

I saw it and won’t forget it either.

Then there’s this.

The Twilight Zone (Classic): To Serve Man - It’s A Cook Book! - YouTube

3 Likes
2 Likes

I remember the one called “To Serve Man.” Aliens come down and befriend the people in the town and everyone can’t wait to get on the spaceship, since they want to “Serve Man.” Turns out to be a cookbook!!! Edited to say - I should have looked at the whole thread before I posted this! Sorry @jcostiones!

2 Likes

No problem, you gave more details then I did.

But you gave a link to the episode!!

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing that episode years ago, @winecountrygirl - guess I better get on it, and watch @jcostiones link. Busy cooking last night!

However, I remember a Night Gallery episode in a similar vein.

A middle aged man gives a ride to a young couple who are hitchhiking; he then asks if they’d like to take a relaxing soak in his hot tub, and also invites them to stay for “dinner”. They agree, drink wine, and get all relaxed. Enter the wife, who starts adding potatoes, carrots and onions to the bubbling water…

2 Likes

I hope they added fava beans!
:slight_smile:

Well, it was set in Oregon, so I’m sure she did! :joy_cat:

1 Like

Haha - I get the reference now. :upside_down_face:

In the book, Hannibal, readers learn why he’s so twisted. It’s sad, but not enough to make you feel sorry for him…

Thanks @bbqboy.

1 Like

I remember that one. Right here https://vimeo.com/374158564

I vaguely recall watching twilight zone from under a friend’s couch.

1 Like

There was also a Hitchcock episode called “Chef’s Special” that was similar. A gourmet back in the day frequented a restaurant and loved the chefs special, and was looking forward to being invited into,the kitchen to observe the dish being made. He’s finally invited into,the kitchen, and, as he walks in you see the shadow of a cleaver ready to come down on the man’s neck.

EDITED - it was actually called “Specialty of the House.”

3 Likes