The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

You were either a devoted Kildare fan or a devoted Casey fan. For me, I was in love!! I had a Dr. Kildare shirt too. Some may have called it a Dr. Casey shirt!

And with a Della Street brain as well.

From the couple Erle Stanley Gardner Perry Mason books we long ago read, it seemed Mr. Mason was so admiring of Miss Street that he would have been comfortable with their relationship being more than office spouses.

1 Like

Bullfights at the Houston Astrodome in the1960’s with some of the world’s best matadors. It was a big draw and I believe we went twice. It was Portuguese style so no bulls were killed.

The real deal was shown from Mexico on a local UHF channel Saturday mornings. We watched on our Monkey Ward Admiral b/w tv with my brother in our room with the requisite foil on the antennas for improved reception. Those bulls were dispatched. OMG I was tenish at the time and now am scarred for life. :upside_down_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

Dome of the Month: Bullfighting under the roof - Bayou City History (chron.com)

1 Like

I had a Dr. Kildare shirt too. Thanks for posting about yours. I was beginning to think I imagined it!

1 Like

I bet if they remade the series following more current norms there would be a lot of “tension”.

We’d vote for that but fear that casting them as well as Barbara Hale and Perry Mason were cast would be the near-impossible, but a completely indispensable, task for an updated script and dialogue to work…

2 Likes

For all of you Perry Mason fans: Raymond Burr had a vineyard and winery in Healdsburg, CA. It’s still open, and we visited it a few years ago. I don’t remember much about the wine, but it was fun looking at the memorabilia that they have. We were in the Dry Creek area yesterday, and it’s so beautiful - definitely worth a drive around.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Who would have thunk Davy Crockett/Daniel Boone would become a moonshiner? :joy:

Fess Parker | Parker Family | Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard

1 Like

From Double Indemnity to a cardigan:

3 Likes

Evil Walter Neff on one of my favorite film noir classics to Steven Douglas and his tribe of sons.

1 Like

In the remake: William Hurt = Neff; Kathleen Turner = Mrs. Didrickson.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware of a remake but it can’t be as good as the original and I’m a big William Hurt guy.

1 Like

Try this:

The other noir remake duo we really like is Mitchum in Out of the Past; done again as Against All Odds with Jeff Bridges. Jane Greer shows up in both !

1 Like

I saw it many moons ago but it’s not the “Real McCoy.”

2 Likes

Wild Wild West - My Italian grandfather’s favorite show along with Hogan’s Heroes. He had cable back then and we didn’t. So it was a treat to watch them at his house.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The older I get, the more I love hearing this song on the radio.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great fan of Dylan - I’ve been listening to this song since my early 20’s. Now I totally appreciate it more. It was prescient of him to write it so long ago, since he was still relatively young then. In my youth I couldn’t imagine slowing down, or indeed making any concessions to age at all…it’s the best thing I can wish for anyone…thanks for posting @bbqboy!

3 Likes