The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

The Grass Roots ~ Looking back now. What a name🙂

4 Likes

I love The Grass Roots but never thought of the name until you mentioned it. Duh! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I remember a treasured cassette tape with that song on it as a teenager.

1 Like

Well, I have to add my favorite Moody Blues song. Yes, their first

2 Likes

Clicking the fork, but don’t recall any of these!

A heads up to anyone interested in older Jeopardy shows. Tonight they aired Celebrity J with Charles Barkley, Martha Stewart & Jeff Probst (didn’t even know who this guy was until they reminded me). Apparently this is the week for other CJ shows. No episodes for any available online. What can I say after watching that one?
Nobody’s perfect.:slightly_smiling_face:

Picked up Lonesome Dove on DVD today for $5. One of the best scenes ever. Probably post more as we keep watching it.

2 Likes

OMG, haven’t thought of them in ages!

2 Likes

If memory serves, RC’s Diet Rite unleashed a new product category.

1 Like

RC always tasted like cough syrup to me with none of the fun.
The only thing worse than that was 3V Cola.
Vim, vigor, and vitality if I remember correctly.
:slight_smile:

Edit- didn’t realize it was from Texas…

You should try growing it- it’s not hard, really. They have huge roots. I’m a little surprised that the nurseries in Oregon don’t have the plants more often.

Are you talking about patchouli or MJ @ewsflash?

Oh shoot- I didn’t specify, did I? No, I meant patchouli. I’ve been growing a couple of plants for several years. I like the smell of the fresh crushed leaves. MJ not so much. Besides, patchouli doesn’t make me paranoid, starving hungry, and overwhelmingly sleepy. 8^)

Lol, same here @ewsflash! Never thought about growing patchouli. I’ve found a good source from some fine old hippies in Portland, Or. Love their essential oils and some blends. It would be fun to try growing it.

One less egg :egg: to fry…

3 Likes
3 Likes

I love the song and the album “On the Threshold of a Dream.”

1 Like

This is weird, just read your post, and MB’s popped up on the playlist, tho not the same song. A most welcome flash from the past. Love MB’s!

2 Likes

Was just checking out Justin, right after posting about MB’s. Never knew who he was by name back then @bbqboy. Now I can crush on him, and maybe get a couple posters for my room lol. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes