The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

“Brown Eyed Women” Grateful Dead.

Actually witnessed Mick T. on stage with Ronnie and everyone in KC. He happened to be in town the same night and came on and played a number or two.

https://glidemagazine.com/96305/boot-camp-the-last-time-mick-taylor-sat-in-with-the-stones/

1 Like

Soooo, you’re in the witness protection programme? :open_mouth: Improper spelling for those across the pond.

1 Like
2 Likes

I remember a bunch of us neighborhood kids sitting around the porch, listening to the radio, waiting on the #1 countdown of the week. Would it be Crimson & Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells (my vote) or Honky Tonk Women (them). The bad boys from the U.K. won out.

2 Likes

Without comment.

1 Like

Very much like that song too @jcostiones, also Outta Time. Underplayed and under appreciated…

1 Like

Can’t bring myself to push the play button on these songs, wonderful as they are. Somehow listening is different than seeing and listening. Too nostalgic!

1 Like

And then:

Where it started:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. Loved the trip down memory lane. Great song! But I can’t say I appreciated the way that announcer treated Martha.

So glad the Martha and the Vandella’s was included. Hubs and I were watching the Dusty version and saying as much as we love Dusty’s voice, we prefer their version. And as much as we applaud her adding some dance moves, we like her voice better.

1 Like

Excellent! I listened to that one a lot last weekend. Wasn’t thrilled about the lyrics. A pretty different message than the lyrics of “You Don’t Own Me”.

1 Like

Lesley Gore might be the first feminist rock star :dizzy:

2 Likes

Could be! I didn’t realize she sang it first. According to Wikipedia, that version was produced by Quincy Jones! I was watching Dusty on You Tube and saw this one.

2 Likes
1 Like

Applause! Why is there no applause emoji?

2 Likes

They’ve been airing old Jeopardy shows since there are no new ones, so I thought I’d search for an older one to reminisce about. I could have sworn that in the beginning the max amounts were always $500 in the first round and $1000 in DJ. But this 1974 episode proved me wrong. Check out the $ amounts here. Surprised the heck out of me.

3 Likes
4 Likes