The Big Fat Nostalgia Thread For All

Wow - those were the days! I’d be all over the Spring Lamb and Beef Filet, and, and, and ! So cool to run across that kind of stuff @winecountrygirl.

4 Likes

Are you saying the hospital had a menu? Do you mind saying when and where?

How charming! I love that the hospital served Easter meals billed dinner and supper.

2 Likes

LeRoy Hospital - now gone. Early 50s.

1 Like

These still exist, if you pay to be on one of the fancy floors. I was visiting a relative at Mt. Sinai and got a very nice crab cake. She wasn’t ready to eat, yet. But I was!

1 Like

I know where Mt Sinai is! That’s crazy! I’ve worked in so many hospitals, in many capacities, and I’ve never heard of that,p.

OTOH, I remember smoking in break rooms, and that’s almost as hard to believe.

I found a LeRoy hospital in Lenox Hill.

I was born at Kings County hospital in Brooklyn, where my mother worked at the time, and worked there in an “externship”( it was Downstate then) in the eighties. I stayed with my aunt who lived a few blocks away.

I temped at Beth Israel for a few years when I was in grad school, and never once saw the fancy floor. But I’m sure there’s at least one at every hospital. The menus are leather bound, and there are giant floral arrangements in the hallways, and lounge areas for visitors with complimentary snacks. It’s kind of like the first class club at an airport.

1 Like

How did that get paid for?

Out of pocket. Like an upgrade.

1 Like

My boss at Beth Israel used to make me come into her office to smoke with her (this was not a problem for me, at the time), so she could blame me if we got caught.

1 Like

There was no rule against it where I was, and the way I remember it, it was easier than (preferable to ?) trying to get something to eat.

11 West at Sinai is the VIP floor. There is a menu and the food is rolled in. There is also tea time in the lounge. But the menu my mom got was not on a special floor. It was just what they did.

1 Like

d6bd1f2b95b8189792c4d153914565dbab7cf2305e4fd309f1ac56d0802fe897.0

A less dramatic bitmoji picture would have been better.

30+ years later…I’m good.

Any word on how they are doing right now? I talked to my daughter just this morning about how things were looking with regard to hospitals.

No, sorry. No idea.

1 Like

I was thinking of making “Blushing Bonry” as a girl scout, then searched for the book I thought it was in. I thought it was my Junior’s book. Sone things I did not save. Tgese pics are from the webzine.

60s-vintage-girl-scouts-brownie-handbook-scouting-hand-book-dated-1963-1stopretroshop-u3774-1

I don’t remember the senior book, but I remember being a senior.

3 Likes

Speaking of rabbit holes, how about this one?

3 Likes

Here’s my musical contribution. Loved the old stones

2 Likes

This is my favorite Stones’ song, “Time Waits for No One.” It didn’t get a lot of air play. That’s Mick Taylor on lead guitar, he could play rings around Keith Richards.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=time+waits+for+no+one#action=view&id=9&vid=e666862f94bde525ae8cfc8142654561

3 Likes

Hmmmm… Honey Tonk Women. I liked the song and the women. Oops, should I have not said that?

1 Like