Thank you chef Ludo

Most times having my daughter live across the US is not great. Of course I miss having her around. But, when I do get to visit LA, I am thankful we get to eat at Petit Trois. There are a few dishes we always get, like the Big Mec, and also the omelet.

I’ve always wondered not about the technique ( that, while I understand and can replicate, I have no patience for at 6 am when I have my eggs ) but about the flavor. On a recent visit I saw Chef Ludo and asked him and he was very gracious. He said the only thing he uses is a schmear ( my word not his ) of Boursin cheese.

Now I’ve been making my omelets with Boursin. Or, as usual for Aldi, they carry a cheaper, and just as good, replacement called Alouette. Twice as much soft, tasty cheese and costs less.

I give you breakfast:

12 Likes

It looks delicious. How was it?

2 Likes

I am amazed at how much flavor the creamy cheese adds to the eggs. I use a little more than Chef Ludo said he uses, but it makes me look forward to my morning eggs. That man is a genius.

1 Like

Thanks. I will definitely give this a try!

1 Like

Equally delicious, IMHO, with plain “log” goat cheese. Adds piquancy and luxe texture.

2 Likes

Looks good! At Petit Trois I saw them piping the boursin in a tube onto the omelette from a device that looked like a caulking gun (or piping bag sorry my memory of it is a little hazy). I think they use pepper flavor Boursin. I have tried to replicate by piping the cheese out of a Ziploc bag with one of the corners cut out.

2 Likes