Temple Gourmet Chinese, Red Bank

Murphy’s in Rumson has just switched over effective today. 3.5%. Its coming, folks. Give it a year and every restaurant will have adopted this.

1 Like

Not only restaurants. In Alfonso’s they have the same sign and fee.

1 Like

Just saw this article. I wasn’t a fan but my in-laws really liked temple:

1 Like

Yes, Temple is coming back, but under new ownership. Imho, that was always the problem there.

Wasn’t previous ownership a team that own a very successful spot in manalapan who’s name escapes me at moment? Odd they couldn’t get a good spot together here. A higher end Chinese spot is a void locally. A liquor license would help as wel

You’re thinking of the more successful side of the family who run Peking Pavillion. This guy was a real loser from the start.

2 Likes
1 Like

Good luck to chef. Never root against any spot, but the food being terrible was one of my many issues with the spot.

3 Likes

I don’t recall the food being “bad” as so much as the price(s) for the ordinary Chinese food was the problem for me.

1 Like

My one experience was capital B BAD. Enough that I’d never go back. Signal worst experience I’ve had in the area by far

Maybe others had different experiences to be fair

2 Likes

I used to eat at Temple about once a month. The food was always good but overpriced.

Then, one time, the food was horrible. I was curious and found out that the regular chef was out that day and the owner was cooking.

Time will tell at the new Temple.

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess that was my deal. I would have been thrilled for average but overpriced. But sounds like I ran into spot you described above.

1 Like

Same. But my son was there over the weekend and said it was still pretty poor.

3 Likes

I’ll wait till I hear from you or a couple others who have tried it before I venture back. Between Little Szechuan and House of Chong I’m pretty happy with my Chinese situation.

5 Likes