Temple Gourmet Chinese, Red Bank

I’m going to have to give this West Lake place a visit. You are the 3rd person this week to mention that place.

Don’t order American Chinese food but stick to the more authentic dishes. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Will do thank you!

Yep. It tries to be a Pf Changs, but mostly it’s just Pft …

1 Like

The problem with West Lake’s dim sum is that a lot of it is only lukewarm because it sits on the cart for a while. But if people want to do a West Lake dim sum thing, we’re probably in, because we’re less than 2 miles away.

In for West Lake or dim sum!!

We will gladly join in. And afterwards, if we’re not satisfied, we can all take over Shanghai Bun and eat again ;o)

Or maybe the Oriental in Marlboro? I believe @ycf04 says it’s the best dim sum in our area.

I might be in for a West Lake/Shanghai Bun crawl!

1 Like

We’d be interested too. Any thoughts on when?

Missy

Haven’t been back for awhile, but yes, Oriental is favorite. And they don’t use cart, so the lukewarm problem that @eleeper mentioned won’t occur at Oriental.
West Lake is probably my second favorite, so that’s a good pick for dim sum.

In!! Let’s lock down a date.

Let’s go soon. How about 9/25 and early say when they open??

Sunday? What time do they open? I’m tentative at best on the weekends but I will let you know as we get closer. (FYI I only wear sports jackets and slacks on the weekends)

I haven’t been in a while but I think they only serve dim sum on weekends and holidays.

Count Mark and me in.

Just had literally the worst chinese food I’ve ever had here. Pork fried rice, might be worst meal I’ve had in 20 years. Not exaggerating.

2 Likes

Damn yeah. I’ve been twice and hated both times. That’s awful.

1 Like

So it was that good? Lol. A while back joon left a review…years ago. Once I read this I never wanted to step foot in here and haven’t. This man knows Asian food.

2 Likes

We wanted Chinese food and it was literally only place open in the area. Most fun was feeling I might vomit for three solid hours. Simply ungodly. Terrible service and it only cost 16 bucks to boot.

1 Like