Tater Tots (Belmar to Asbury Park)

SO random, but I’m craving tater tots…anyone know of a place in this stretch of Monmouth Cty that I should hit up?

Maloneys (great craft beer bar) in Matawan serves them as an appetizer or a side with the burger.

http://www.maloneyspubnj.com/

1 Like

Bond Street Bar typically has sweet potato tots

2 Likes

Kind of related…has anyone had the bacon cheese fries at wendys? Unfortunately i don’t know of any good tots around here.

Man i could go for some windmill chili cheese fries right now : )

Baconator fries from Wendy’s are ok. Fake cheese sauce but their Bacon is pretty good for a fast food place. The portion size is small though.

As for tots, you can try hansel and griddle in red bank. They are pretty good with a few topping options. Large portion.

When my wife was In riverview giving birth to our bundle of joy, a big order of tots was her first request once she was given the all clear to resume normal food.

1 Like

Also sonic has tots if you are Really jonesing for them, but I wouldn’t nessesarily recommend the sonic in Middletown

It is not in that stretch, but sometime when you have the time, a side trip over to New Brunswick to Hansel and Griddle would be worth it. They have tater tots that are very good. And just about everything they serve up is great. My favorite, is the breakfast burrito.

They have a location in red bank now

This is why I love these boards…random request, string of ideas. Thanks!!

LOVE Hansel and Griddle! Used to teach up the street from them in NB and ate there too much. Great addition to Red Bank now. Get the gravy on your tots if you go.

1 Like

Sonic. Get a chili dog and root beer slushee to go with.

Dog n Sudz baby, yeah!

Whatever happened to Stewart’s?

Brickhouse in Tinton Falls/Neptune serves them as a choice of sides with their sandwiches, not sure if you can get them as a stand alone option.

I have not tried the tots but JR’s in Red Bank & Long Branch has them on the menu:

The JR burgers are pretty good, even if it is kind of a fast food environment.

They are also open until 3 in the morning and deliver (!)

There is a Stewart’s maybe 100 yards north of the gogo bar formerly know as untouchables on 36 in Keansburg . I’m not sure if they are even open but I have some good stewarts memories from when I was a kid (highlands location.)

I’ve never gotten into the sonic dogs. They are ok but I’d just drive to red bank and hit the windmill. The half price wings on Monday are decent. At full price I’d be disappointed, but at half off they are not bad.

Yep, I miss the one in the Highlands too. I just googled them, there is supposed to be a Stewarts in Wall, I’d almost rather go that way than Keansburg.

I love their root beer.

Yeah the wall direction might be a good call but just think about traffic heading back home.

On the starch topic, are there any good duck fat fries around Monmouth County?

Tits & Tots?

Good to know Sonic has them…I could just have the root beer slushee and the tots and I’d be happy!

There is a Stewart’s on Route 79, in Matawan.

1 Like