Tangents or thread drift

I notice I resurrect threads seasonally, for example when I’m trying to perfect a recipe like pepper jelly or preserved lemons, or when I usually have a lot of lemons, tomatoes, stone fruit, or fava beans or sweet peas. Well, you get the idea.

3 Likes

Or beans, in my case. I like your Beans thread.

3 Likes

I’m going to cause thread drift . So much information on the bean thread . Yes lol

2 Likes

If you catch my drift. Lol

3 Likes

Yes . Great Northern, and cranberry beans are my favorite.

3 Likes

Recipes that you have newly tried for an old Cuisine-OTQ, or just recipes you came across, using the thread as a way to bookmark / “park” them?

I’ve not understood the point of the latter (vs. bookmarking in whatever way one does personally), but I know a few people here do it (and I’m sure I’ve done it myself on occasion too).

1 Like

Cranberry beans are my favorite vegetable, said the Queen of Thread Drift.

1 Like

Both.

When I try a recipe from a cuisine that was a Cuisine of the Quarter, when I try a recipe someone recommended, when I find a recipe that that worked that I want to share, when I’m seeking our specific dishes or recipes, sometimes when I order the dish at a resto, and occasionally when I see an article that relates to the topic.

I mostly add recipe links to the Greek, Japanese, British and Slavic Cuisine of the Quarter threads.

Today I was adding tomatokeftedes / tomato fritters recipes to the Greek COTQ thread, and I made them tonight.

3 Likes

Will look out for them - sounds interesting! (And speaking of drift, lol)

2 Likes

I just figured out how to see my bookmarks!

3 Likes

Woot!

2 Likes

You know I’m a Instigator . Like woody woodpecker.

2 Likes

That’s not how I remember it. There were long threads that contained many reviews of, say, Eleven Madison Park or (when I first joined) Bianca.

1 Like