Tangents or thread drift

Waving @Miss_belle !

4 Likes

That is why I tend to stay in that small corner of the fish tank. I know my place. Thanks again to Respectfully. I have so many ideas for new topics but it is probably best that I don’t know how to do that. Did have a question though. Tangent alert. I finally for the first time ever managed to post a picture of a complete meal. But there is no place to like it. I am pretty clueless. I am not ever fishing for likes but as was said by some in the why do you like? thread I see likes more as a “roger that” How did I manage to somehow screw this up?

I’m not sure why your pic post doesn’t allow for the “like,” Full disclaimer: I never post pics so I’m not savvy about their behavior.

As far as new topics . . . there’s a “New Topic”. button on the HO homepage

2 Likes

In pretty sure you’re not allowed to like your own post.
Which makes sense since you already gave it your affirmation by posting it.
Department of redundancy department.

8 Likes

Good thought. I guess I never tried to like myself.

5 Likes

And now I see that I do not, in fact, see a knife & fork on that post. Guess it only becomes visible when others like a post.

ETA: But I could like your post. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well! see if I ever post a pic of my dinner again! Joking of course I am not that vain. On fb you can like your own post I have learned much to my chagrin. I can be an idiot. And at least on that dear boy we can agree.

1 Like

I know I won’t ever post on What’s On Your Mind again.

What’s on my mind will be in other threads or DMs.

3 Likes

You are wise.

1 Like

Cool :sunglasses:
More for us :heartpulse:
How you can diss the most benign thread is beyond me.

2 Likes

It can be the Assholiest thread, imo.

Mostly benign, but about 9 days ago, the most passive aggressive replies I’ve experienced on HO since 2015.

6 Likes

When it essentially becomes a conversation that could more easily go to a PM between the 2-3 people posting most frequently, it was easy for me to choose to turn off notifications of that thread.

7 Likes

I respect that. I probably should pay closer attention.

1 Like

Sorry! I’ve kind of enjoyed that thread, especially as it’s become a sort of cabining for some.

4 Likes

I am sorry to hear that. I think you know best for yourself for sure.

That is kind of you to offer. I get inadvertently shamed for not having a smart phone. I am sure people mean no offense. One dude pushed, no gently nudged me for a pic. I made it so but I had to bribe Conan with four spicy hot sausage bites from my beloved mennonite barbecue.to take pics. Ouch. It worked I put up the pics. Victory! Oh wait he didn’t even notice. Sokay because if I have to give up part of my meal: collardsbakedbeanssmokedchickenmeltpulledporkmacaronisaladsausagebitesandchoppedbrisketsandwich to be ignored it means I don’t ever need to post pics again. I’m sure he did not deliberately ignore me so this is oddly freeing. Woot.

People often take away whatever they bring to a conversation. In the end, it’s all about attitude.

I’ve mentioned a couple of times that I don’t carry a phone of any sort. The only comment I recall was one person expressing surprise (which was understandable as the vast majority of folk do have phones).

3 Likes

One person’s surprise is another one’s “shame.” I doubt most people give a shit what others own or don’t own :wink:

4 Likes

Or, people stir the proverbial pot.