Tacos Where You Live

The Cuban thread starts with @Phoenikia on July 16th.
Perhaps @naf could split out the posts.

I don’t know that it’s important. I just thought of this thread when brokenpalate popped up in my mailbox.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this into mod’s attention. Cultural board is moderated by @gaffk, she will have a look at the request.

1 Like

1 Like

Sub story about the Pioneer Woman organization and their revival of the flatiron building in the background.
:cowboy_hat_face:

This will sound odd but one thing i like about Cabo is that the fishing boat touts appear to be comfortable if not relatively well off by Mexican standards.
I walk a lot in less than wealthy areas and seeing touts that really “need” to make a sale is different from touts that really “want” to make a sale. Cabo touts are the type that want to convince you to go fishing.
I greet fishing touts when they make their pitches and tell them i get sick on small boats but i hope they have a great week. And then i greet them again the next day, repeat.
The touts in Cabo (most of them) seem to like to see a familiar face even if they aren’t going fishing, maybe because they don’t “need” to make a sale right then.
In Honduras, Malaysia and Cambodia they seemed almost desperate to get you on the boat.
Just my two cents.

Those do look good

1 Like

Westwood Village location

2 Likes

If you go to DTLA and go to Tacos 1986 for tacos, you’ve chosen poorly.

#NotAPoliticalStatement

2 Likes

Nice photo op. Handing over what looks like a few folded up 20’s at a taco joint of all places. And is he about to place more bills in the tip jar? Hard to tell. Will wonders never cease.

Easy for POTUS to do. He can just tell the Fed to print more money when he runs out.

#Sarcasm
#NotAPoliticalStatement
#JustInCaseYouCouldNotTell

3 Likes
2 Likes

I didn’t know Mexican crema was more like creme fraiche than sour cream!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Oh! Now that’s interesting news. Berlin used to be pretty awful at Mexican food (tacos in particular) until a bunch of gringos opened a small local chain. I see that chain - or at least its anchor resto, Maria Bonita doesn’t fare that well. They were good when they opened.

Looking forward to trying this summer, thanks for posting!

3 Likes
2 Likes

It (the table cream version of Mexican crema) makes amazing mashed potatoes!

3 Likes
5 Likes