Tacos Where You Live

4 Likes

These are pretty f’n far from authentic, but they are delicious. Cajun shrimp and pork with salsa verde today. I go here at least once a week for lunch :yum:

7 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I have never had them as a hangover cure, but I am thinking birria tacos might be a good cure meal.

1 Like

These are all good selections, but I am pretty sure they are not a real top ten. There are places I think are better than any of these except for possibly Valentina’s, but I think of his taco as a barbecue creation more than as a taco. Torchy’s is good, but it is everywhere. As chain tacos go, I’d put Taco Palenque WAY ahead of them. Joe T’s is old school and legendary. As such it tastes old school and does not reflect the 21st century taco offerings. For a throwback, I prefer, Angie’s, Enchiladas y Mas, and the puffy tacos at La Posada.

1 Like

Cool :sunglasses:
I learned more from your posts than any amount of generated internet Texas experts.

Thanks.

1 Like

yes- it’s delightful.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I have never heard of a Barstow taco.

Via these folks
https://www.thedesertway.com/

3 Likes

Yeah, I was just in navajo county, AZ and stopped at the place in Kayenta that had amazing Navajo tacos, even a navajo burger that my son just loved. So easy to make, so easy to consume. Best one I ever had was mutton.

2 Likes

I think every tortilla factory in Mexico ( at least that I’ve seen) looks like this place.

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

4 Likes

I’m in China now, so I wanted to see what their “Google” would show:

(by the way, if you click on that first link, it’s really trippy. Reminds me of the unreleased Penn & Teller game Desert Bus.)

Come to think of it, this thread makes me wonder how many different taco varieties there are just in the U.S. (the Pizza Thread was the genesis of this thought)

@bbqboy Peas … makes me think of huevos motuleños.

1 Like

And quite a few restaurants. It looks like Cisco’s here in Austin. Tonight is chargrilled chicken thigh tacos on flour tortillas topped with a drizzle of crema, cilantro, escabeche onions and jalapeno, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime, probably served with some home made pinto beans, the secret to which is Knorr caldo de tomate con sabor de pollo.

2 Likes

Knorr’s international stuff is a lot more interesting than their US offerings.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. This is the only Knorr product I use. I do recall a time long ago when their brodo con pasta was a regular meal.