Taco House – El Taco Nazo in [New Brunswick, NJ]

In my opinion, this is the best taqueria in New Brunswick! There is a sizable Mexican population in New Brunswick, therefore a plethora of options.

Taco House, located off Route 27 at 115 French St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, is a hard-to-miss brightly colored, tiny shack that churns out delicious and authentic tacos in lightning fast speed.

They are strictly a taqueria in comparison to many of the full-service Mexican joints, which tend to have longer menus. Taco House on the contrary, has a pretty limited menu but includes things like tortas, quesadillas, nachos in addition to tacos. The best part is that their tacos are served as singles, so you can try multiple flavors!

Parking can sometimes be scarce, though they deliver to the area. The tacos here are served DF (Mexico City) style, and are around $2 each. They come in a freshly made corn tortilla with cilantro, onions, and chile de arbol or jalapeno salsa on the side.

The best taco I’ve had there is their al pastor, which as you all know comes fresh from a trompo, marinated pork with pineapple.

2 Likes

I guess since Lucy’s is technically one block out of New Brunswick this may be true. :grinning:

Tyvm once again for giving me another place I have to check out. I eat lunch in New Brunswick often and I’ll report back after I go. Have you been to IMG in Red Bank? That’s my gold standard for al pastor.

3 Likes

Yes, I love IMG’s tacos and their 5 tacos for $8 is the best deal for al pastor! I think I prefer the tortillas here which are larger vs at IMG, which is more of a smaller taquito style tortilla.

1 Like