TACO BELL was great pre-90's formerly on ChowHound

3 Likes

I asked questions. Who wrote the DNA code?
How did the 13 steps to clot blood get into the DNA from day one?
How does one species know of the other before itself is created?
How come we still have monkeys?
Where is any transitional species?
How do mutations which destroy information create improvements?

These are fair questions. Everyone just chooses to ignore and carry their toys with them. And please look at the financials of all 10 mega corps. Then show me where it is wrong that they are not parent companies of the rest.

And I answered you that the answers to these questions are easily found if you read up on evolution (and science in general). You seem very proud of doing your “research.” So do some.

2 Likes

I see. Well you believe what you choose. I will do the same. The only thing I can tell you is that when we all take our last breath, there will be no one there to try to convince that you are right and we were wrong. It will be too late. If I am wrong, there are no consequences. We all have free will. Take care.

Took a hot minute but I finally had to go there.

1 Like

Absolutely true but there seems to be an apparent problem of distinguishing the difference between opinions and a facts. Too much of the former is presented as the latter.

As Patrick Moynihan said - “You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”

I also think you misunderstand what being a super taster means. It is not a super power.

2 Likes

No it’s actually a curse. I wish I did not have it. Believe me. I would have never known Toxic Hell (DUM brands) changed the frying oils.

I am so confused by his presentation. He looks like he’s auditioning for a part in a Jeeves and Wooster revival.

1 Like
1 Like

Well Toxic Hell is getting worse. My Mexican Pizzas are not even being made correctly anymore. They are now putting just a center area of cheese tomato and sauce. The entire perimeter is bare. I had to not only add black olives and green onions - but cheese. The decline just keeps on. It amazes me how people eat at this place. I do see it less and less crowded. Maybe that is a sign. Even tried the Beefy Melt Burrito only because the Chipolte chicken burrito was not available. This burrito had RICE which I knew full well. And that is just what you ate and tasted on the whole thing. Wrap a tortilla in rice and eat. What a waste of money. I complained but do not expect any satisfaction or results. One day Toxic Hell will be serving food inside plastic trays that you unwrap just like Oscar Meyer Lunchables. Play Dough food. And the people who have burnt taste buds from all the illicit items they indulge in will slop it up like candy thinking it is the greatest. Wow did society decline.

Society? Maybe find a new place to eat. This is just sad to read.

4 Likes

Taco Bell, in my young mind, was great in the early '70’s as a hang out or munchie feeder after a show. I thought the food they served there was just fine. Friends worked there and learned a work ethic not seen these days. I didn’t eat there much over the years. Then 20 years later I had one bad seven layer burrito that caused me to rename the chain, ‘Toxic Smell’. Never again. BITD, Dell Taco, IHOP and rarely Jack In the Box were the fast food chains we’d frequent after a show or a concert at the Cow Palace, Winterland or the Oakland Coliseum or Arena. Top Dog, Kasper’s/Casper’s and Smoke House were not open late at night for our needs. Fast food now? ¡No para mí!

At least someone knows what I mean. I had my first experience with Taco Bell when it was real in 1984. Greatest Tex Mex ever. Freshly made on site every day with cooking prepping and quality ingredients. Lasted until the early 90’s then went down the tubes from then on.
I got a response from the manager of the Toxic Hell I went to last night within 4 hours. She offered to personally make me another pizza. I politely listened and said OK. But I will never take them up on it. Because I should not have to make arrangements to get properly made food. I prefer a correction in their employees to be trained on how to make it right at all times.
So the saga continues. If others had taste like myself, they would not settle for garbage. So I am fighting a battle that the numbers are not in my favor. As long as the masses continue to accept slop, they will be fed slop.

1 Like

See, your problem is that even at the zenith of Taco Bell it was nowhere close to being the best Tex-Mex ever.

3 Likes

In my opinion it was. And the change is real. I liked the original ways. That is what counts to me.

Chevy’s is my favourite chain Tex Mex

1 Like

I have had very solid meals at Chevy’s and awful meals at Chevy’s, so I think you’re lucky to live (or whatever) near a “good” one.

1 Like

I’ve only visited Chevy’s in the Bay Area. I haven’t been to California in 5 1/2 years (time is flying!) and it’s been longer since my last visit to a Chevy’s, but it was my favourite chain out of the chains we went to over the years. No

Looks like the locations I would have visited are no longer in business! I might have visited the one near Union City. Not sure. These are the last 3 that are relatively close to San Jose and San Francisco.

Never been to an awful Chevy’s. They remind me of El Torito and Red Onion… middle of the road Mexican with good ingredients, but not a lot of thought or time spent on any of them (but at least they made their own tortillas - albeit by a machine).

Don’t get me wrong… middle of the road Mexican is still delicious given fresh ingredients.