Survey for my New Jersey Friends

For what it’s worth I had my favorite hot dog on fathers day. “Spicy Dog” as described by Delicious Orchards, they are a thick dog, but definitely a hot dog vs. a sausage, it’s a meaty spicy delicious dog. Love them! Don’t know their manufacturer or if they actually produce them there themselves.

I spent most of my younger life in Bay Area, California. I moved to New Jersey 10 years ago (from Georgia). I used to live in Mercer County. Now, Union County. I used to go to Philadelphia almost weekly. Now, I go to New City City weekly.

If you have the USDA# on the package I can tell who makes them.

I’ll have to try these. Are they just with the other dogs or at the deli?

Natural casings?

What were your Philly favorites? And how do the NYC vendors compare? I assume RTM was a Philly favorite; does NYC have a comparable compact market?

They are sold loose by the pound in the deli section so packaging.

@corvette_johnny (see above)

Do any of the supermarkets carry boars head natural casing. I’m not a fan of boars head,
but these hotdogs make up for their other not great stuff. So far I have had no luck finding them.
As a reminder I live in the Non Jersey section of NJ.

I cannot honestly tell you as I am not a hot dog buyer outside of this one specific dog I’m referring to. Sorry.

Thx

Cool…just out of curiosity what do they run?

Chowdom, they exist but I never see them around my neck of the woods. I think there are better dogs personally, but they are ok.

I was motivated by this thread so I went to the store and picked up a ten pack of Nathan with natural casings on sale for 8 bucks

1 Like

Thank you

$6.99lbs it was about $18 for the dozen I bought.

Yes, I love the Reading Terminal Market. I go to Chelsea Market. It isn’t quiet like Reading Terminal Market. Reading Terminal Market has more of a farmer market edge to it (meat, fish, chicken, cheese…etc). Chelsea Market is a little more about food stands, and a little higher price.

There are a lot of similarities though.

http://www.chelseamarket.com/index.php/Shops

2 Likes