Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

C.Hamster, I am sure when things get up to critical mass Boston will be broken out separately.

1 Like
  1. YES - thrilled to find the 'hounds!! :smile:
  2. n/a for now, but soon to be YES!
  3. Regional (Los Angeles), home cooking
1 Like
  1. yes, i came here from ch

2. am spending less time on food sites, in general; am mostly hate-clicking on ch these last couple days.

3. boards on which i spent the most time were hc and boston. both of which are full of crickets.

3 Likes

Ha! ā€œHate clickingā€.

Fewer crickets hereā€¦ think bigger, and fewer legs :smiley:

1 Like

at least better legsā€¦

1 Like

1)no, left CH before onion formed 2)yes 3) Regional-SF.

Yes
No
Regional

Yes indeed. @C.Hamster the goal is to get all major cities like Boston their own board if there is a critical mass.

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. Home cooking If there were a southern NE (CT) that would be 2nd.
1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes - still following a thread on new cookbooks. When the creator moves it elsewhere I will follow out of respect.
  3. Home cooking & Midwest.
1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Only just signed up to here!
  3. Prefer not to limit myself to any one board as the general browsing of topics is something I used to enjoy. But living in the UK will post there when I can add something useful.
4 Likes

Yes, from Chowhound. Reader/lurker from way back in the Leff days, not so big a poster. Not banned but boy is CH depressing these days. Even Home Cooking is sparsely populated outside of the cookbook of the month/cookbooks I want threads. Thanks to MCF for leaving a clue to finding this place that even I could figure out.

I just got here, so thereā€™s that. I still look at CH every day, but like I said itā€™s depressing.

What do I look at? Home Cooking and Cookware (we eat out very little these days). I read a lot of things like Beer and Cheese and Gardening w/o posting much. New York board I guess although on CH for me that meant Outer Boroughs as I very rarely even read the Manhattan/New York State boards - although since as I said we donā€™t eat out that much anymore so I have little to contribute on that front other than shopping discussions. The places we do still go to are so well-known to CH types (Chengdu Heaven, Sripraphai, etc.) that I have little of value to add there. I always read Food Media and News (almost complete deceased on CH) and look forward to LindaWhitā€™s upcoming Top Chef contributions here. And I could never resist Not About Food despite my better judgement:).

5 Likes

If how I fold my pants has already spread to this site, my reputation is certainly preceding myself.

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Here, (from Here on out)
  3. Regional, (Houston/Texas), Home Cooking, Food Media/News

Thanks to BruceSW for pointing me here. I wonā€™t letcha down!

3 Likes
  1. yeah, ; another multi year CHā€™er, cant be bothered with the new site ( clusterfuck of a redesign huh?)

2. Yes, already have seen some familiar names. see what pans out.

3. a) Boston/New England board
    b) home cooking/ general topics

1 Like

Hi, ratgirl! You can hang black crepe with the rest of us mourners of Linda Whitā€™s retirement of the Recap Queen Tiara.

But WFD is really vibrant and lively here!

Oh, Iā€™m MCF, btw

2 Likes
  1. Yes

2. I just signed up. However, after looking around, I will be spending more time here. The Chowhound site has become unusable to me. I am very grateful someone started Hungry Onion.

3. My area (San Francisco) tied with Home Cooking.

1 Like
  1. Yes. I joined Chowhound in the early Jim Leff days and am still a member, though not very active.
  2. Probably. Iā€™m currently dividing my food-site time more or less equally among Hungry Onion, Food Talk Central, and eGullet ā€¦ but, sad to say, I keep finding myself going back to gawp at the smouldering pile of rubble that used to be Chowhound.
  3. For a long time, the board/topic that most interested me was Cookware, with Home Cooking a close second. In fact, I joined Chowhound before they became two separate boards, so Iā€™ve been reading them both forever and have learned a huge amount from them. Now I think itā€™s starting to be Home Cooking first, Cookware second, mainly because Iā€™m no longer accumulating (or lusting after) more cookware, but Iā€™m still cooking.

Anyway - glad to be here!

3 Likes

1: another refugee from chowhoundā€™s redesign here.

2: since finding about ho, spending more time here, which i expect withh continue, although iā€™m still checking checking in @ ch (have several dozen saved recipes i need to figure out what to do with).

3: my profile included the following boards, in no particular order:)

greater boston
not about food
general
food medial
cookware
home cooking
chains (particularly trader joeā€™s:)

1 Like