Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

Yup. Jacquie’s gone. Marssy took over directly from her. Well, I think there was a short period (week or so) before Marssy actually took over the reins because she was on vacation in Iceland or Grenland or someplace “North Atlantic-ish.” As I recall, she sent a post or two to Chowhound from there.

1 Like

Harters, I’m obviously remiss for not saying so sooner, but I ALWAYS enjoyed and looked forward to your restaurant reviews! Really glad to see you here!

1 Like

Chem, thanks for the survey, as always. You are the best!

“…that bitch Marssy and all those other fucks”. HA!

1. Yes. Was Davwud
  2. I probably have only posted a handful of times this year on CH. When I logged on and saw the new interface I didn’t see any reason to relearn a website on which I’d pretty much given up. So none at all on CH now. No longer interested.
  3. Toronto/Ontario and probably home cooking. I haven’t seen anything for the Southeast/Dixieland

Anyway, good luck with the new site. I’ll probably be a bit of a rumour but we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Glad to see you! Btw, miss your blog - you’ve led me to some good spots.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I do post some trip reports on Roadfood but got tired of the blog and quite frankly, I felt like it was drowning in a sea of internet noise.

Hi all,

I know many of us are highly frustrated with the management of CH and their actions. Let’s channel that frustration into figuring out how to build a better place here by discussing the merits of their actions and refrain from addressing the CH staff with strong language.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Just for clarification, I’m not “frustrated” with CH. I really do not care at all.
I was under the impression that the older you get, the crankier and more opinionated you get. I seem to be going in the opposite direction. There’s so much I really don’t care about anymore. And I seem less cranky.

1 Like
  1. Yes, from CH (will not be returning, as much as I can foresee)
  2. Yes (here on HungryOnion and on FoodTalkCentral - hoping they will combine) - no time on CH
  3. Probably Regional - Los Angeles Area; if I can add secondary, it would be the rest of California, Vegetarian / Vegan, and Home Cooking as the primaries. Back on CH, those are the boards I’d check out, before viewing the primary “Community” page that showed the most recent posts from across the site.
1 Like

Sorry, I didnt answer your other questions.

I spend more time here.

Regional and I really like reading reviews.

1. Yes (I’m the guy who started the “Simple Poll” about voting for the old or new Chow.
  2. Yes
  3. It depends on my mood, but for now B, General.

I am from Chowhound, i visited there today for about 1/2 a minute what a mess

thanks for this site

1-yes
2-no
3-not sure about that at the moment, probably news and Media and home cooking and general

I liked the old Chowhound because you could post things like, save my roast please! and people would post helpful replies within minutes-with no judgements just sincere help. it was a kind place

the new one just has big orange boxes and it keeps asking me to follow things

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. not yet
  3. wine, not about food, general discussions, Los Angeles, San Francisco, cookware, site talk.

Still tilting at the CH windmill but not as much. The mods are dong the sheep-herding thing with every topic that discusses the changes even if the dialogue isn’t particularly negative. Locking topics so the negativity is corralled in fewer places and kept from newbies as much as possible. I think it is now pretty close to where you can navigate to a facsimile of what it used to be but the lack of content in my preferred areas is shocking and sad.

2 Likes
  1. Yes

2. This is my first visit to the site so it’s not quite applicable yet.

3. Favorite boards: Southeast, Home Cooking, other Regionals when I travel.

2 Likes

Hi. I took a closer look at the existing answers and decided to split Media, Not About Food out. Please let me know if I have assigned you wrongly.

Chem , You can mark me down for a 1 . In the category . Others . I did frequent the NAF board for another 1 .

I will change that in the next (and should be last) report.
For category, should I put you as a “1” in Others?
Or do you think it is better to put you as “0.5” for Others, and “0.5” for Not About Food.

0.5 + 0.5 thanks.

1 Like

(waving) hello rockycat!