Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

Gotta be on the offense with all those gators, 'skeeders and snowbirds!
:wink:

Dates are looking to be approx. 6/8 - 6/22!

I went to University of Georgia and yes, apparently we hate those University of Florida Gators. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My brother went to Penn State, I went to the State Pen.

3 Likes

you may have learned more.

3 Likes

Now, nowā€¦ :sunglasses:

Wow, an original Chowhounder. Do you have in your description ā€œsince the beginningā€? Iā€™ve always thought that was creepy description.

Is that you in the pic? Iā€™ve seen another Hamster on CH, but I think the avatar is an actual CH.

1 Like

Itā€™s a Friday. Why not?

Are/were you from CHOWHOUND? Not really. I think my first ā€œfoodā€ writing was Yelp (yuck), then I tried having a food blog, got a full time job, quit full time job, then got into Chowhound Home Cooking about 2 1/2 years ago. Iā€™m a Chowpup. I hardly stray from homecooking. Actually, I donā€™t like the rest of CH much.

At this moment, are you spending more time here than on CHOWHOUND?
No.  Well, about the same. I visit both about once every few days. 

What is the single most interesting board/topic to you?
a) Regional (e.g. San Francisco, New Yorkā€¦etc) - :disappointed_relieved: Could be so much better. 
b) General - omg, just no. 
c) Home Cook #1
d) Cookware #2
e) Others long #3

Chemicalkinetics, weā€™ve never interacted on CH, but I read many of your old posts. Iā€™ve made a lot of cookware purchases based on your advice. Itā€™s kinda cool to post to you.

3 Likes

Smokeydoke. It is a pleasure to meet you here as well. Yes, a few of us were particularly into cookware on CHOWHOUND. I am glad that some of our advises and discussions were helpful to you. The few of us cookware enthusiasts discussed based on practical experience and science. One thing still come to my mind is that we discovered many widely accepted statements about cast iron cookware to be false: cast iron provides even heating and cast iron being porusā€¦etc.
Welcome and hope to converse with you more in the future.

2 Likes

I think I saw that, but I know I read your posts about Chinese sand pots.

I think I even quoted you in another post.

1 Like

Time flies. Yes, I always have a soft spot for the Chinese clay (sand) pots :grinning:, and have a couple of them. I would say back then we discussed knives and cladded cookware and stoves (like gas, coil, induction) a lot. Unfortunately, CHOWHOUND changed way too much, and some of us have left.

Yes! Because of you, I bought my Victorinox! (well, you and a lot of other people)

I guess a very late thank you is in order here.

Ok, Iā€™ll stop. I donā€™t want to bring back memories. But isnā€™t it nice to know your knowledge has lived on?

2 Likes

:yum: Yes, back then, I spent >90% of the time in the cookware section, and of my cookware posts, I am sure at least 1/4th of mine are about kitchen knives. We often discussed and tested each othersā€™ theories as well.

I am sure all of us are glad that our old discussions have been preserved and are still providing usefulness to others. Of course, I learned much through those discussions. For example, a lot of people viewed me as an expert particularly in CCK kitchen knives. Yet, I only started using CCK knives because of a few advises on CHOWHOUND from people I respect. I look forward to continue to discuss with you as well.

1 Like
  1. Are/were you from CHOWHOUND?
    Yes, or No? (feel free to elaborate)

Yes, I posted under ChristinaMason since about 2008. I stuck it out a good ten years, through the redesign and mass exodus. But now the site is B-R-O-K-E-N. Site performance has deteriorated so much, I finally threw in the towel. About a month ago some changes to the photo upload completely destroyed that functionality. One now has to upload a photo before typing text to have any hope of it appearing. And this clunky workaround works only about 20% of the time. Forget putting photos in a reply or posting multiple shots. No can do. Complaints are ignored or ā€œthank you for your patienceā€-ed away by the mods. Their tech team seems really amateurish. Site changes arenā€™t vetted on enough devices and platforms before being rolled out.

Additionally, typing text in the mobile site is -insanely- slow and messed up.

In short: I needed a site that works.

1. At this moment, are you spending more time here than on CHOWHOUND?
    Yes, No, Non-applicable (feel free to elaborate)

Yes. Itā€™s like a bad boyfriend. I donā€™t go back there.

1. What is the single most interesting board/topic to you?
    a) Regional (e.g. San Francisco, New Yorkā€¦etc)
    b) General
    c) Home Cook
    d) Cookware
    e) Others

Home Cook

10 Likes

I was booted off the island long ago. Food talk central was formed first which I joined. Then hungry onion . I do post on both . And I never have been back to the ex since.

4 Likes

Welcome!!! Canā€™t bek you hung in ā€œthereā€ for so long! Hopefully you will find your way around here with ease, any questions just ask and if you know any other frustrated hounds bring them over!

2 Likes

Welcome, ChristinaMason

1 Like

Welcome! As I wrote in another thread, Christina has been doing the ā€œWhatā€™s for Dinnerā€ thread for as long as I can remember. I was a bit shocked to see her here. But happy to see her posting. :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome, Christina!

1 Like

Glad to have you here, @ChristinaM. I saw you on the WFD June thread and said ā€œHey, I remember her!ā€ :slight_smile: